When's the last time you cut your finger...

Its been a few years. Remind me to stay out of your kitchen when you are food prepping. Yikes!
There was a stabbing that happened a few years ago that was being investigated as a murder (I don’t know how it turned out), and the accused’s defense was that he was in the kitchen, turned around very quickly while holding his knife, and accidentally stabbed the victim.

All the comments were off the, “Yeah, likely story…” variety, but I felt like that could absolutely happen, especially in my kitchen, where I’m usually darting quickly/frantically from one spot to the next!

Thanksgiving. I was rushing to slice through something on the cutting board and I remember the wife nagging me that I was slicing it too thin... well I changed the knife angle in response and two swipes later I got the tip of my index finger pretty good. In hindsight she likes to remind me that I screamed like an 8 yr old girl and in turn I like to tease her that her distraction almost cost me a finger. Isn't marriage wonderful?

And that's another reason hubby isn't allowed to help me much in the kitchen. Before we added on to the house and built the new kitchen (vaulted ceilings), he cut his finger very badly (I can't remember which one) and there were blood splatters on the ceiling. It quite freaked me out.

I hate cutting myself, it always sucks trying to do dishes afterwards. Thank goodness I do have prep gloves so I can put a bandaid on and a glove and continue cooking. Getting lemon juice in a cut is also a bummer.

The burn scars are prolific, however.

I find that liquid bandage is pretty awesome for finger cuts. It is basically Krazy glue for your skin: after you recover from the shock of slicing yourself, clean the wound, apply the liquid bandage, hold the area together until the glue sets. If you get the one with antiseptic qualities, be aware it stings quite a bit; hence my inner child screaming out as if tortured when wife applied first aid. :roflmao:

I find that liquid bandage is pretty awesome for finger cuts. It is basically Krazy glue for your skin: after you recover from the shock of slicing yourself, clean the wound, apply the liquid bandage, hold the area together until the glue sets. If you get the one with antiseptic qualities, be aware it stings quite a bit; hence my inner child screaming out as if tortured when wife applied first aid. :roflmao:
Right, I have used it before. I don't happen to have any on hand at the moment, keeping "fingers" crossed I don't have any injuries that need it!

Several years ago, when I first used my Mandolin, I sliced the tip off my ring finger, middle finger and index finger on my right hand. The ring finger was a thin slice. the middle finger a little thicker, the index finger - a chunk. I walked around with my fingers mummy wrapped for over a week.
Steo Son did a number with a knife. We were at our lake camp. SS was chopping in the kitchen. He dropped the knife and tried to grab it. He sliced his palm - deeply. He refused to go to the ER. He sat on the couch, white as a sheet, with his hand wrapped in towels.

There was a stabbing that happened a few years ago that was being investigated as a murder (I don’t know how it turned out), and the accused’s defense was that he was in the kitchen, turned around very quickly while holding his knife, and accidentally stabbed the victim.

All the comments were off the, “Yeah, likely story…” variety, but I felt like that could absolutely happen, especially in my kitchen, where I’m usually darting quickly/frantically from one spot to the next!

I bet you ran with scissors as a kid, didn't ya'. :wink:

CD

Right, I have used it before. I don't happen to have any on hand at the moment, keeping "fingers" crossed I don't have any injuries that need it!

That's what they used to close my incisions after my (attempted) gall bladder removal. Did they use that on you?

CD

That's what they used to close my incisions after my (attempted) gall bladder removal. Did they use that on you?

CD
Steristrips. I tell ya, they worked really well and I took them off after 6 days (I was told 5 but I erred on the side of caution). The incisions are quite nice-looking and I should have minimal scarring.

Steristrips. I tell ya, they worked really well and I took them off after 6 days (I was told 5 but I erred on the side of caution). The incisions are quite nice-looking and I should have minimal scarring.

Same with the skin glue. I can only really see one of the incisions now.

CD

Back
Top Bottom