Where am I?

Frank & Pat, Eastenders
Boys in Blue, Cannon & Ball

Boys in blue is also a nickname for the police.

@classic33

Colloquial English is "science fiction " and I have a Cambridge Proficiency Certifcate or Diploma ..

And I have been battling a horrid flu all week, so I am still a bit under the weather let´s say and so is my Spanish too ! I am finally recovering a bit ..

@classic33

Colloquial English is "science fiction " and I have a Cambridge Proficiency Certifcate or Diploma ..

And I have been battling a horrid flu all week, so I am still a bit under the weather let´s say and so is my Spanish too ! I am finally recovering a bit ..
Hope you don't suffer too long. One day at a time.....

Good guess.

I've never been there phisically, only seen on Google maps/images/news or on tv. I've seen different cities and sometimes I search for a new trip in UK..many months ago there was a tv programme "4 weddings uk" (and so US, Italy, etc) and I was so fascinating seeing the several locations, landscapes and cities in UK..but only from my sofà. I'm extremely curious to come and visit Brighton, the Pier...but many others.

Last edited:
I've never been there phisically, only seen on Google maps/images/news or on tv. I've seen different cities and sometimes I search for a new trip in UK..many months ago there was a tv programme "4 weddings uk" (and so US, Italy, etc) and I was so fascinating seeing the several locations, landscapes and cities in UK on my sofà. I'm extremely curious to come and visit Brighton, the Pier...but many others.

Brighton is great - lots of cultural stuff going on but a very expensive place to buy property. The beach is pebbly. I prefer sandy...

@classic33 is correct. Its Clacton on Sea. It has the largest pleasure pier in the world. I've tried to find out why the streets are so wide but can't find any info - so if anyone knows....
There are some interesting photos on here https://www.clactonhistory.co.uk/. Some of the roads look even wider in those days than they are now, and there are clues in the pedestrian only bits when you compare them with the old photos.

This was taken in the first few months of 1950. I went to Clacton again about 40 years ago and the coach park was still in the same place, but it is all unrecognisable now. Look at all those lovely old coaches in the background!

clacton1950.jpg

Brighton is great - lots of cultural stuff going on but a very expensive place to buy property. The beach is pebbly. I prefer sandy...

Interesting. I'd like so much to visit it. London is beautiful, I've seen it several times and I really love it and so I like Edinburgh, great. But isn't enough, I'd like to visit much more cities and villages like Brighton..another place where I'd love to make a tour is Cornwal..Polperro, Plymouth, and so on. We are thinking to come next year for at least 1 week.

Interesting. I'd like so much to visit it. London is beautiful, I've seen it several times and I really love it and so I like Edinburgh, great. But isn't enough, I'd like to visit much more cities and villages like Brighton..another place where I'd love to make a tour is Cornwal..Polperro, Plymouth, and so on. We are thinking to come next year for at least 1 week.
Don't forget Kent! I think you would like Canterbury and the pretty (trendy) fishing port of Whitstable is nearby.

There are some interesting photos on here https://www.clactonhistory.co.uk/. Some of the roads look even wider in those days than they are now, and there are clues in the pedestrian only bits when you compare them with the old photos.

Thank you for the link. I have research to do!

Thank you for the link. I have research to do!
There is a section on there called Then and Now. There is a photo of further along the road where the amusement arcade in your photo is, which is rather interesting! Unfortunately the photos are not that big, but if you save them and open them in, say, Paint, they are easier to see.

Back
Top Bottom