Where do you buy your spices?

Another great shop to pick up some excellent un-adulterated natural spices is from Copenhagen, Denmark and it is called: Tiger .. They are an international Franchise ..
There blueberry preserves are delightful too ..

Another great shop to pick up some excellent un-adulterated natural spices is from Copenhagen, Denmark and it is called: Tiger .. They are an international Franchise ..
There blueberry preserves are delightful too ..

Yes - there is one in Maidstone. Its brilliant. - a bag of Himalayan pink sea salt for £1!

When I searched I couldn't find the tins. Thanks.
It may vary according to where you live. When the local Tesco used to deliver to our side of the main road, we often used to get messages that items were not stocked at our store. Now our stuff comes from Enfield (!), the range on line is nowhere near as diversified as the range in store.

Its one of those shops where you come out with more than you intended to buy. Great design...
That used to be my problem when shopping in a Penzeys store. They would send out catalogs that always included a coupon for a free jar of something - no purchase required. We'd plan a trip to one of the two "near" us, each a 45 mile one-way drive. Then the owner of the business got very, very political. Would send out frequent, sometimes daily, essays espousing his beliefs. It doesn't matter if he had any of the same viewpoints I had or not, I just did not want politics with my paprika. Since then, I've done all my online spice shopping from The Spice House if I can't find what I need (or want...) from the Mediterranean grocery store...a mere 20 miles away.

It may vary according to where you live. When the local Tesco used to deliver to our side of the main road, we often used to get messages that items were not stocked at our store. Now our stuff comes from Enfield (!), the range on line is nowhere near as diversified as the range in store.

I think my Tesco's delivers from Dartford. They deliver from warehouses, don't they?

I think my Tesco's delivers from Dartford. They deliver from warehouses, don't they?
Yes. Dartford is a lot closer to me than Enfield but I expect the Dartford Crossing affects the choice of warehouse - also the M25 and three practically impassable-in-the rush hour major trunk roads. I think that may be why the houses across the main road from me still get their shopping delivered from the store, as they are surrounded by these roads. The Tesco store is less than 250 yards from my house - I can see it from my window - yet by road it is a 2 mile round trip, which can take an hour or more by car because of the traffic, even in the middle of the day, or four buses (2 there, 2 back). Even the walk there and back is not much less thanks to the central reservations and only 2 crossing points. Yet another reason to get my shopping delivered.

I used to get it from Walmart and other retail stores but now I've developed a liking towards family-owned spice mills which are older than my generation. They have that authentic feel.

Spices are expensivet, so I buy where the price is cheaper for large containers.

First, I buy GEL spices.in 11oz. containers or El Monte spices which come in cellophane packages. GEL is in Bayonne, NJ and Elmonte is in Elmonte, CA.
I get fennel seeds from Asian stores.

Discount grocery stores like Grocery Outlet, here in CA carry GEL. Elmonte is in most store.

Back
Top Bottom