Which do you prefer, savory foods or sweet stuff?

Local time
8:27 AM
Do you prefer savory foods most of the time, or are you one who must always have something sweet to eat? I would say that I prefer savory foods, but I also like to have something sweet occasionally. While I can eat savory foods at any time of the day, I prefer to eat sweet stuff later on in the day, since this has a tendency to get you sluggish, and I do not like to feel sluggish early on in the day. This is why I try to avoid eating anything sweet on mornings.

Do you have a preference or do you like them both equally?

I prefer eating both savory foods and sweet stuffs but in moderation only. I always crave for this kind of foods but I know how to eat them at the right quantity and for me they are both appetizing and delicious!

I do have a sweet tooth and I know I have been abusing the intake of anything loaded with sugar or sweets. I just can not resist the craving. Sometimes you will only learn when something grave or wrong is happening already like putting your health at risk. I am not yet giving up on sweets I am now on the phase of taking it still but in moderation. I always have a cheat day for sweets.

Mostly I prefer savory foods, but will get a hankering for something sweet at least once a week. Really depends on what I am in the mood for. Also with sweet things I have developed cravings lately for fresh sweets like custards and things like that.

We prefer savory food here because my husband's lineage has diabetes as the primary disease. Even if he has no symptoms of that disease, he is already teaching himself to avoid sweets. But there are times that we indulge in sweets especially during the Christmas season when sweets abound everywhere. Most of my colleagues give me sweets as Christmas gift. Can you imagine receiving sweets like brownies, candies, etc from 50 people during that season?

I definitely have a sweet tooth.
Sometimes when my boyfriend is travelling for work I'll have ice cream or pastries for dinner.
Super unhealthy but since it's only like once every 6 months or so I feel like I can get away with it :)

For me it really does depend on my mood. I would say overall I prefer savory foods, but of course there are times that all I want are sweets, chocolates, pastries...so I guess it's situational. I think savory foods though are more versatile so overall I'd probably say savory.

I'm a big fan of the sweet stuff, I used to eat a pound of dark chocolates a week after the Parisian diet came out. LOL

I live in Asia and we have savory foods a lot and they call this taste "umami". I love umami noodles, cold ramen and Pho are really good for that. You also have sweet and sour pork that's popular in Chinese restaurants and the Philippine Adobo is great with white wine. :)

Back
Top Bottom