Which types of non-processed meat do you eat regularly?

Which types of non-processed red meat do you eat regularly?

• Beef

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Pork

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Lamb

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Veal

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Venison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mutton

• Goat

• Bison/Buffalo

• Kangaroo

• Other

• Total voters

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:04 PM
This one is strictly for non vegan/vegetarians. What types of red meat do you eat regularly? For the purposes of this poll, regularly is defined as at least once a month and doesn't include processed meats such as bacon or sausages but does include fresh offal, ground/minced meat.

If there are red meats that you rarely/never eat, is it because you can't obtain them or perhaps you don't like them? Or maybe they are too expensive. We would love to know. And if you tick other, please tell us what it is!

Nearly all you listed are hard to get a hold of here unless you want to pay big bucks.
Oh and pork is a white meat not a red meat.

We typically have beef (not ground) once or twice a week. Same thing with chicken. Pork is once a week. Ground beef is usually twice but depends on how I fix it.

We have pork quite often but as I have just been told that it contributes to high cholesterol [more so than beef apparently ?!!] our consumption may be going down a little [no I will NOT be turning vegetarian :headshake:]

We typically have beef (not ground) once or twice a week. Same thing with chicken. Pork is once a week. Ground beef is usually twice but depends on how I fix it.
So for main meals - you eat beef 3 to 4 times a week, chicken once or twice and pork once a week. That is high meat consumption to me although it sounds like @sidevalve's is as high. We eat vegetarian perhaps 3 out of 7 nights a week. I had to think about that to calculate it as I don't think anyone here notices. Tonight, for example, I've cooked a stew of green peppers, aubergine, potatoes and tomatoes with lots of spices - to be served with eggs poached in the stew and mozarella melted on top. Don't you never have a vegetarian meal? Mac 'n Cheese perhaps? :D

So for main meals - you eat beef 3 to 4 times a week, chicken once or twice and pork once a week. That is high meat consumption to me although it sounds like @sidevalve's is as high. We eat vegetarian perhaps 3 out of 7 nights a week. I had to think about that to calculate it as I don't think anyone here notices. Tonight, for example, I've cooked a stew of green peppers, aubergine, potatoes and tomatoes with lots of spices - to be served with eggs poached in the stew and mozarella melted on top. Don't you never have a vegetarian meal? Mac 'n Cheese perhaps? :D
Macaroni and cheese is a side dish. My brother and I both refuse to eat M&C as a main course due to it being our primary meal 5 days a week for over a year.
Nope, on the vegetarian as husband has an on his feet all day job and we were not raised that way. Must have a complete protein every day.
Now we do on occasion have beans and cornbread but there is ham in the beans.
But keep in mind, we do one main meal a day.

I eat meat or poultry once or maybe twice a week, except at Christmas when I probably eat more meat and poultry than anything else. The rest of the time I eat veg and fruit supplemented with dairy and eggs. I often buy a whole chicken or joint of meat, cook it, divide it into portions and freeze it.

I eat beef probably once a week. I eat gammon about once a week (is gammon considered processed?). Pork ribs - I currently have 1 kg in the freezer which is planned for this weekend (maybe barbecued).

Lamb is available here but rare and expensive so we rarely eat it. Goat I haven't seen hereabouts. Rabbit I have seen frozen and presumably originates from Australia but I haven't tried it.

[What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?]

Back
Top Bottom