Who hangs chocolate on their Christmas tree?

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
7:47 PM
For a couple of years we hung chocolates on our Christmas tree because my very young nephew came here on Christmas day and it seemed like the right thing to do. He hasn't been here for a couple of years so we no longer bother.

Does anyone on here hang chocolates on their tree?

No, I'm afraid they would melt here probably before I'd eaten them all in one sitting. I'm not very good at pacing my chocolate eating sessions, not to mention the difficultly in getting dairy free chocolate to hang on a tree in the first place .

For a couple of years we hung chocolates on our Christmas tree because my very young nephew came here on Christmas day and it seemed like the right thing to do. He hasn't been here for a couple of years so we no longer bother.

Does anyone on here hang chocolates on their tree?

I used to do that too when my kids were younger. Chocolate in foil in the shapes of all manner of Christmas things.

We used to when my brother and sister were younger as well . I still remember those nets with gold coins in them !

But I realised that hubby came close ,he has bought me a cracker full of chocolate balls (suitable for a dairy free diet ).

DSC_3678.JPG

Edit: it was in my stocking!

Last edited:
Only candy that we hung on the tree were candy canes...peppermint and cherry ones.

Chocolate went in your stocking.

We used to do in the UK particularly when the kids were younger. Too hot here - the chocolate stays in the fridge.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn have you tried boojabooja chocolates? They are amazing and dairy free.
Yep, used to live off them in the UK including their ice-cream but what costs £6 in the UK costs AUD$20 here if you can get hold of them at all and sadly they are for UK climates only, not Australian. Chocolate here is manufactured for hotter temps but nothing survives aussie summers and don't even consider putting them in the car to get them home! My hubby's car glove locker actually has an air vent in it to put the air con air into to keep contents cool! My car however doesn't have this feature sadly ...

My hubby's car glove locker actually has an air vent in it to put the air con air into to keep contents cool! My car however doesn't have this feature sadly ...

We had one of those in an enormous Nissan Patrol in the 80s in the desert. Bloody good idea. Never seen the like again.

We had one of those in an enormous Nissan Patrol in the 80s in the desert. Bloody good idea. Never seen the like again.
My vehicle is a Toyota landcruiser 80 series. There is a possibility it has a vent in one of the glove lockers but I don't remember any and with the fuel economy as poor add it is, using the aircon is not an option until at least it had been serviced. But yes it is a very useful idea .

My vehicle is a Toyota landcruiser 80 series. There is a possibility it has a vent in one of the glove lockers but I don't remember any and with the fuel economy as poor add it is, using the aircon is not an option until at least it had been serviced. But yes it is a very useful idea .
Incredibly cool car!

Isn't there an old Aussie saying - "If you want to drive out into the bush, take a Land Rover. If you want to come back again, take a Toyota"?

Incredibly cool car!
Thanks.
It's fitted with jacked up suspension and off road tyres! It make driving in the capital centre somewhat interesting but on the bright side if anyone tries bullying me (and they do amazingly ) I just ignore them. It will usually cost they considerably more in damage than to my vehicle. But I do have to be careful with indoor carparks. Anything with a height restriction can be challenging !

Anything with a height restriction can be challenging !

Interesting. I was clearing out my garage once and I borrowed a Landcruiser from the depot for the weekend. We did some shopping in town and I was apprehensive about using the multistory car park. There was a swinging height board at the entrance which it cleared by a few inches so that was OK. When I arrived at the "gate", the gate would not lift high enough for the truck to enter and I hit it. A few guys came out and informed me that I couldn't take the truck in there as it would break all the ceiling lights. I did ask why the swinging height board was higher that the lights but it was apparent that the attendants did not have engineering degrees. Anyway, I had to turn around and exit through the adjoining gate, a very difficult maneuver given the turning circle of the Landcruiser and the restriction on driving anywhere near the ceiling lights. In the end, a twelve point turn achieved the ability to exit and we left.

I parked in the street and ended up with a parking ticket!

Back
Top Bottom