Who is your favourite cook?

ambrosia

Veteran
Local time
10:21 PM
Who is your favourite cook? Is it your mother or someone else in your family? Is there a chef in your neighbourhood whose creations you find divine? Or do you admire some celebrity chef whose recipe books are sitting on your shelf?
I don't have a favourite cook, I simply adore food that has been prepared with love and attention to detail. :)

I also love cooking but would absolutely hate it to be a chef. As soos as you need to do something you love under pressure, you lose your passion for it.

A celebrity chef whom we follow closely in our household is Gordon Ramsay. He just has that ability to add the wow-factor to most dishes to make them exceptional.

Yes, I also like Gordon Ramsey, but probably more for his tantrums and all the emotional outbreaks around him than for his actual cooking. Of course his dishes look clever and delicious, and they probably taste great, but I haven't had a chance so far to visit one of his restaurants or read any of his books.

I am a big fan of Jamie Oliver. I like his approach to cooking because it's not too precise, and he just gets down and dirty amongst it all. I cannot stand Delia Smith - she has got to be THE most boring cook ever. I can't even watch her shows because I just want to kick the TV.

My mom doesn't cook very much, nor does she do it well whenever she does, so my personal favorite cook is actually my friend's mom. She cooks great and I always used to stay at their home so I did get to taste a lot of her cooking.

My husbands grandmother is an awesome cook. She cooks for anybody and everybody everyday! She makes alot of the old fashion stuff such as chicken and biscuits and more. She's a homemade cooking woman not from the freezer type.

My great-grandmother was my favorite chef. When I was a child I would only eat her homemade grape jelly. I could actually tell if my mom tried to give me store bought just by the taste. She made the best polish dishes too!

My grandmother. Cooking is second nature to her, I don't think I have ever had a dish of hers that I didn't like. Every time I visit, she makes me a dinner. I'm a decent cook, but there is nothing like her dinners!

I learned much of what I know about cooking from my mother and grandmothers, all three were fabulous cooks. I don't have an actual favorite cook, I enjoy watching most of them and learning as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom