Who Still Likes to make dessert on Sundays?

The hot puddings I make for Sunday lunch are things like apple pie, apple & blackberry crumble, rice pudding, lemon meringue pie. Cold puddings include fresh fruit salad, hazelnut cheesecake, eton mess. Not every weekend though, because my husband works a lot of weekends.

We were lucky if we got desert sometimes after dinner on Sundays. much less any other time.
Once in a while, a pineapple upside down cake was made during the week. But most of the time, desert was on Sunday evenings after dinner.

Last edited:
Your doctor called me and said you shouldn't be eating banana pudding...

Hah!!

I don't eat it that often, only in moderation, so when or if I do, it is a real treat!! :wink:

I haven't had banana pudding since I was a little kid. My mom used to make it when there was a sale on bananas.

I made one a while back from scratch with meringue. They are so good warm out of the oven, but I'm not a fan of leftover nana puddin as my maw maw used to call it.

So, what is banana pudding?
We used to have banana custard, which was sliced banana with hot custard poured over. Yummy

I did more baking/dessert making in my teens, on à Saturday afternoon, while watching old Frankenstein, and the Mummy movies, Abbot and Costello, and The Bowery boys. I made checkerboard cake w chocolate frosting and old fashioned carrot cake w cream cheese frosting… My friend made pineapple upside down cake. For years, I didn't have much of a sweet tooth… Now I sometimes indulge in bakery cakes or desserts, and keep ice cream in the freezer… The baking and dessert making/eating bug comes and goes… After cooking a full meal, I don't always have the time or energy to make dessert, and try to be more mindful when it comes to sugar…

Last edited:
When I was low-carbing, and sometimes today, when I need a chocolate fix, I keep Jell-O sugar-free chocolate pudding parfait cups on hand.

We used to have banana custard, which was sliced banana with hot custard poured over. Yummy
banana pudding.jpg

Here's what it looks like in the dish. I always make a small one since it's only me.
It's actually made with Vanilla Wafers, custard, bananas & meringue on top.:wink:

Last edited:

The banana pudding I've had was essentially a custard made with both banana puree and banana chunks, and of course eggs and dairy. It was baked, but served cold.

Sherm's takes it over the top. Recipe, please, Mr Sherman.

Back
Top Bottom