Who Still Likes to make dessert on Sundays?

@Shermie - can you post as a Recipe thread on the forum with your photo of it? If not, start a new Recipe thread for Banana Meringue Pie, add your photo of the pie and I will cut and paste the recipe into it..

We seldom eat puddings, preferring cheese instead, but last weekend my wife made a couple of these for a harvest lunch:

IMG_0742a.jpg

I tried some and it was divine. What she doesn't know is that I had hot vanilla custard on it. I don't think I was supposed to do that.

Whilst scanning through cook books trying to find a particular burger recipe I just came across a recipe for sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream and salted caramel sauce. Dates are the main ingredient of the pudding - and I just happen to have some that need using up...

We seldom eat puddings, preferring cheese instead, but last weekend my wife made a couple of these for a harvest lunch:

View attachment 19848
I tried some and it was divine. What she doesn't know is that I had hot vanilla custard on it. I don't think I was supposed to do that.

Whilst scanning through cook books trying to find a particular burger recipe I just came across a recipe for sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream and salted caramel sauce. Dates are the main ingredient of the pudding - and I just happen to have some that need using up...

Very pretty!

Good to see kiwi fruit on it as well,lol. We have dinner here every Sunday so we still have dessert, just ice cream or cheese cake for ordinary days. Birthdays are request and I do what ever they want. Apple crumbles very popular. Also croissant brûlée with chocolate is decadence. My d.i.l fave.

Russ

Kiwi people are pretty down to earth people, I've always been outward going, I talk to,everyone. My kids are the same. Not pushy just fun loving. I've been to lots of places and been treated well. I remember in a hotel in Paris the concerge, said the French love kiwis , not Aussies so much. As for kiwi fruit, I grew up with them on pavlovas.
I love them. My grandkids love them.

Russ

Anytime we got desert on Sundays, it was a real treat because most of the time, there was none on Sundays!! :headshake:

Mg, love your pic. Takes me back. I cooked it at school then made it again at home. It got gobbled up and the praise I got hooked me. We had d.i.l fave dessert Sunday croissant brûlée. I'll post it!???

Russ

Back
Top Bottom