Who uses a Tray to Carry Their meals?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:44 AM
I do!

Sometimes I feel a bit overloaded with a plate of food, beverage & other things away from the kitchen. So I grab a tray to use. :wink:
Orange Tray..jpg

I have a gray and white marble tray with handles, but I rarely use it. Trays are having a moment in decorating. I have a mirrored tray in the bathroom to hold lotions, soap dispenser and candles. I've been thinking about a black circular tray for the coffee table to hold candles and what not. Walmart has some clear trays as well. A couple of Fornasetti plates on the kitchen wall might be kind of cool too.

Last edited:
I do!

Sometimes I feel a bit overloaded with a plate of food, beverage & other things away from the kitchen. So I grab a tray to use. :wink:View attachment 20455

We used to get my friends in shop class to attach handles to those back in high school, then use them as sleds down the hill the bleachers were on when it snowed.

I really should get some now, though. I often eat meals in the guest living room (aka my TV room :popcorn:), and I have to juggle plates and a cup up a flight of stairs and down a hallway.

Last edited:
Thank God that my apt is not a duplex one!! Everything is on the same floor! I'm not happy with walking upstairs anyway!!:headshake:

I frequently use a tray. I have one that has an enlarged photo of my kids when they were ages 4 and 6. I use it when I want to carry a plate or bowl, eating utensils, and a drink from the kitchen to somewhere else in a single trip.

Carrying a tray is a tripping hazard when you have felines under foot...you can't see them. So i just balance, plate and glass and occassionally bowl and it works out fine unless the door knob on the back room is sticking and then everything needs to be put down to struggle with opening it.

Our kitchen table is about 2 steps from my kitchen, so no trays here. Everything gets served up from bench to table. Couldn't tell you when I last had a tray. Prolly when I was crook about 12 years ago and spent some time upstairs in bed. My wife would have made me something.

Russ

I didn't know that bit of language! I learned something.

When I was in London we went for a meal with my cousin who is in banking. We caught up with him and his London born wife. She said I was very funny, I replied my brothers a real hard case as well. She went oohhhh. A "hard case" here is a real funny good guy. She said in England it's a bad bad person,lol. Poles apart sometimes.?

Russ

In my part of america calling someone a hard case often mean stubborn or more often specifically someone that has gone thru hard times but doesn't ask for help.

Language is such a liquid thing.

And a crook is a thief round here.

Carrying a tray is a tripping hazard when you have felines under foot...you can't see them. So i just balance, plate and glass and occassionally bowl and it works out fine unless the door knob on the back room is sticking and then everything needs to be put down to struggle with opening it.

I've gone tumbling head over heels trying to carry things down staircases whike trying to avoid a cat on a staircase, even spraining my ankle once when we were moving (but the cat obviously objected)...

Back
Top Bottom