Who Uses Placemats?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:27 PM
I gotta get some! They seem to add a little touch of class to the kitchen table Don't think that I've have any before.

They give the table kind of a sparkling touch. Makes your kitchen feel more warm & cozy looking!! :wink:

You mean placemats? I have some fancy ones that I save for special occasions, and bamboo mats for casual meals. Don't like anything cutesy or busy. It would be nice to have silver or gold charger plates for the holidays. I use vinyl mats to line the refrigerator shelves. So easy to wash in the kitchen sink, or sponge up spills to keep the shelves clean.

Last edited:
Same here. Glass top tables and black placemats.

Edit: We have so much in common, sometimes I think you're my long lost sister no one told me about, separated at birth LOL.

Last edited:
All the time. I have rafia, bamboo and plastic placemats.

placemats s.jpg

Last edited:
Our dining table is wood as are our coffee tables so we always use placemats.

We have every day use and others for special occasions.

We do have several sets of cloth placemats and matching napkins, from formal to whimsical styles, plus silver charger plates for when we want to get fancy and use the white china with platinum trim.

We use placemats.

We have wooden tables in the kitchenette and dining room, so there's some kind of woven synthetic cloth ones for the kitchenette, and a few sets of seasonally themed linen ones for the dining room.

The kitchen also has a few seats at the island which has a marble countertop. They get the woven synthetic ones as well.

And my TV room has glass tables, so I use paper towels in there for the exact reason Craigsy mentiined.

We have a table cloth on our table, during the week we just put our plates on that while eating. If we have friends over which is most weekends, the wife is in charge of setting the table. We have expensive placemats and better cutlery and condiments for the table then. Napkin rings etc. I don't really notice as I'm usually cooking or prepping. But our table always looks good. Candles even,lol. She also lights candles etc for mood lighting in the hallway and lounge. We also have dimmer lights which also enhance the evening.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom