Would you eat chicken for breakfast?

The fried-chicken giant KFC is offering a meal deal – including Chicken AM – to customers at selected restaurants across the UK from today. The meal option includes a hash brown, and a cup of Seattle’s Best
Jack Hinchliffe, Head of Innovation at KFC UK & Ireland said: “Following a successful start in Beaconsfield, we are excited to begin rolling out our breakfast menu across the UK.
“Chicken for breakfast might feel like a novelty, but there’s plenty of evidence it can become a breakfast choice here too. After all, whilst Colonel Sanders’ recipe might be a secret – the nation’s love for chicken certainly isn’t, so why not have it early? The Chicken AM is a delicious way to start the day and we are sure KFC fans will love it.”

Chicken for breakfast is already a much-loved choice elsewhere – in Mexico, Chilaquiles with pulled chicken are a favourite breakfast option, whilst in Indonesia, chicken porridge is a morning must-have.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/200...tomers-keen-on-fried-chicken-in-the-mornings/

Do you eat chicken for breakfast? Would you eat chicken for breakfast?
Yes, quite often - in Chinese rice soup, with lashings of fresh chilli and ginger. Chinese dumplings as well, which contain minced pork. I would have to be very desperate to eat from KFC though.

Many, many countries around the world do not have this insistence that first world countries do, that you should have breakfast cereal for breakfast. In fact, breakfast cereal does not exist in most other countries in the world. The very concept is alien to them. They eat normal meals 3 times (or twice) a day and a totally savoury breakfast is not a problem.

During my travels it was really uncommon to find cereal on the menu for breakfast. Often it was fish, omelettes (of all sorts including fish omelettes), and bread, meat and cheese. Cooked breakfasts were very common and I can easily see how in family homes this would translate to other meats such as chicken.

In fact, personally, I think the sooner we move away from sugary and sugar overloaded cereals for breakfast and back to savoury breakfasts the healthier our nations would become! But would I personally eat out of a fast food joint for breakfast - No because I don't eat out of them full stop. But the idea of a veggie burger for breakfast is not an issue for me.

Yes, in the First World we have become brainwashed into believing that sugar laden breakfast cereals are healthy! Give me savoury every time - bacon, eggs, kippers, fruit in moderation, tomatoes, mushrooms... OK I'm getting hungry now!

Yes, in the First World we have become brainwashed into believing that sugar laden breakfast cereals are healthy! Give me savoury every time - bacon, eggs, kippers, fruit in moderation, tomatoes, mushrooms... OK I'm getting hungry now!
I couldn't agree more! Kedgeree anyone?

Back
Top Bottom