Would you want to boil eggs in a Pressure Cooker? Do Saurbratan in a Slow Cooker?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:51 PM
Would you ever use strange or unusual methods for cooking certain foods from the way that you'd normally do? :headshake::facepalm:

See here

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to boil egg = 4 mins or whatever is your thing [2 - 3 - 4 in one pan] Time to boil egg in pressure cooker INCLUDING getting up to pressure about the same - result - waste of time :thumbsdown:
Not exactly......
True, boiling eggs in a pressure cooker is no quicker than doing it in a pan. It might even take longer. But time isn't everything, sometimes there are ways to do things that make other jobs easier :thumbsup: and eggs are so much easier to peel when done in the pressure cooker (even very fresh ones).

I love my pressure cooker and I also love my slow cooker (luckily for me they are the same appliance LOL). I totally agree with the article, its all about knowing which one will do each specific job best.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting and something to bear in mind if I ever needed lots of boiled eggs at once.

I've never needed more than about 6 eggs boiled at a time.

Waiting for the pressure to build up takes a little time, & I find it ridiculous to use a pressure cooker just for 6 eggs. And you can't put them directly in hot water on
account that they could very well crack, making a big mess inside the cooker!

I usually start them off in cold water in a small pot. The shells are very fragile, so they have to be slowly brought up to temperature so that they don't crack or break prematurely. As for the easy access to cracking the shells, I just slowly run cold water in the pot to slowly bring them down to a safe temp for cracking the shells. :wink:

I've done a sauerbraten in a slow cooker. It works out well.

Back
Top Bottom