You know when...

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:28 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
...you have a winning recipe because your other half claims a teaspoon and slinks out of the kitchen with the side plate in hand and a look of file on his face, like a dog that has just snatched a prize joint from the work surface and looks really pleased with itself, then retreats to the sitting room to eat the few teaspoons full off the side plate and kicks the plate clean! :laugh:

Yep that's a winner.

Anyone any others they can add? Mine happened last night whilst I was making apple butter. It's my second attempt and this time I didn't follow a recipe but followed my instincts and approximated the recipe from ingredient list of the Apple butter we were given last Christmas. Apples, pears and dates, but I used date syrup not wishing to sacrifice our unpitted dates.

Last edited:
You know its a winner when you take the test batch of cookies out of oven and they are gone before they cool off and you are asked how long it will take for the second batch to be ready.

You know you're a winner when you have no left overs.

That is for sure. I always like when everything gets eaten up. It is a good feeling to know that it was so well like and enjoyed.

Mines usually when everyone is quiet when they're eating it! Dinner conversation is usually something that happens at our table every night - hubby and I will discuss our days. But if he's particularly quiet or doesn't talk at all because he's too busy eating I'm pretty sure I have a winner!

You know you're a winner when you have no left overs.
That's exactly what I was going to say. When it disappears in no time on the first day, you've struck gold. By the same token you know when it's a loser when it's left for the next day and even your pets are saying 'no thank you'.

Back
Top Bottom