Your favourite cooking smell

Roasted brussle sprouts using olive oil. Reminds me of this one place in hometown that actually knows how to make egg rolls and egg drop soup correctly. Probably is brussle sprouts they use to make their egg rolls.

One thing that gets me every time is the smell of fresh basil. When I make a recipe involving basil, I spend a fair amount of time just standing there and smelling it. I know, it sounds ridiculous, and I suppose it is. But, it's my kitchen, so my rules!
That doesn't sound ridiculous to me at all! I love it when I am out front picking off a few bruised or otherwise damaged leaves from my plants and that aroma hits me. Makes me not want to wash my hands right away when I come back inside, LOL!

I just realized how old this thread is, LOL.

That doesn't sound ridiculous to me at all! I love it when I am out front picking off a few bruised or otherwise damaged leaves from my plants and that aroma hits me.
Even watering it sets it off. I generally let Nature take care of watering the herbs, but I’ll occasionally have a little left over in the watering can, so I’ll toss it on the herb garden and then…a big cloud of basil smell rises up!

Back
Top Bottom