Your favourite frying pan

For some reason, my wife prefers this lidless 300mm dia wok (with splashguard) to the one with the lid which I prefer.

300mm Wok s.jpg

The "Meyer" 300 mm dia deep frying pan with lid which I bought in Singapore many years ago.

meyer frying pan s.jpg

[My "dum" pan]

I'd be interested to know more about this granite frying pan (never seen one - just the ceramic kind which I have not heard good things about). Why is it your favourite? Is it very heavy e.g. compared to a cast iron one? Can it be used on a gas flame, i.e. a gas cooker?

It's a new model that I bought for curiosity and because it seemed to me "healthy" in appearance. So I went to instinct and I must say I'm not disappointed at all. It is not heavy, in fact, it has a normal weight, it is warmed up immediately and it is not necessary to put too much oil or even anything.
Maximum non-stick. Maximum scratch resistance given by reinforced non-stick coating.
I use it on the gas stove and it's fine (it can also be used on induction fires) and it cleans in a moment.

:drink:
It's a new model that I bought for curiosity and because it seemed to me "healthy" in appearance. So I went to instinct and I must say I'm not disappointed at all. It is not heavy, in fact, it has a normal weight, it is warmed up immediately and it is not necessary to put too much oil or even anything.
Maximum non-stick. Maximum scratch resistance given by reinforced non-stick coating.
I use it on the gas stove and it's fine (it can also be used on induction fires) and it cleans in a moment.
Sounds good! I'll look out for one - can't say I have ever seen one.

Is the brand of the Company: Tognana. It produces porcelain but also kitchen accessories/pans/pots. I saw that there is also a new production of volcano pans
I see their website says 'free delivery in Italy'! I wasn't thinking of going quite that far....
blink.gif

It's available on Amazon but I don't have online shopping facilities. Oh well....sounds like a new thing so I will wait for the UK to catch up
63420.gif

I see their website says 'free delivery in Italy'! I wasn't thinking of going quite that far....
blink.gif

It's available on Amazon but I don't have online shopping facilities. Oh well....sounds like a new thing so I will wait for the UK to catch up
63420.gif

Amazon details say it is granite 'effect': Textured surface floatech no-stick: uniform cooking with less oil for healthy cooking, less food weight loss. So perhaps there might be other 'floetech' alternatives in UK.

Amazon details say it is granite 'effect': Textured surface floatech no-stick: uniform cooking with less oil for healthy cooking, less food weight loss. So perhaps there might be other 'floetech' alternatives in UK.
Oh....so NOT actual granite then (which explains why it wasn't heavy!) Hmm...my enthusiasm has waned. I googled floatech but nothing came up. I was hoping it was a relatively natural product.

Oh....so NOT actual granite then (which explains why it wasn't heavy!) Hmm...my enthusiasm has waned. I googled floatech but nothing came up. I was hoping it was a relatively natural product.

I googled too, to no avail. I think it may be a ceramic coating. But I'm not sure.

WP_20170716_22_09_07_Pro.jpg

My favourite frying pan is an 8" pan by Fissler. Cast aluminium, so not as heavy as cast iron. Easy to clean - just wipe with a damp cloth. No oil required. Best of all, it was free from a local supermarket with coupons. I've had it for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom