Your favourite way to serve potatoes

I'm with Bucky on it depends, though I've eaten a loaded baked potato as a meal at times. I have to admit, I'm not fond of Craig's kartofellklosse, much too heavy for me, but he likes them so I'll make them for him and spatzle for me. He likes them sliced and fried in butter the next day with a runny fried egg on top.

I did have a penchant for Bratkartoffeln at one time but I haven't cooked it for an age:

bratkartoffeln-5.jpg

And also potatoes with kielbasa (but I have no access to kielbasa so I used ordinary pork sausages):

kielbasa1.jpg

Another of my favourite ways to serve potatoes is in an omelette. Tortilla de patatas. My menu of my early year's visit to Spain consisted almost entirely of bocadillo de tortilla espanola.

omelette june 2 s.jpg

Mmmm bubble and squeak. And those paras look great.

So much can be done with a spud. I cook:

Roast potatoes with a winter roast
Roast new potatoes, sometimes with garlic and/or herbs with a summer roast.
Hassleback (occasionally)

Patatas bravas with fish

Boiled fluffy potatoes with olive oil with cod (a Portuguese traditional dish)

Jacket potatoes with stew/casserole

Curry! All sorts. With spinach or cauliflower or just spices.

Janssens temptation

Mash on top of a fish pie

When I get some new potatoes I must try crushed potatoes

Mmmm bubble and squeak. And those paras look great.

So much can be done with a spud. I cook:

Roast potatoes with a winter roast
Roast new potatoes, sometimes with garlic and/or herbs with a summer roast.
Hassleback (occasionally)

Patatas bravas with fish

Boiled fluffy potatoes with olive oil with cod (a Portuguese traditional dish)

Jacket potatoes with stew/casserole

Curry! All sorts. With spinach or cauliflower or just spices.

Janssens temptation

Mash on top of a fish pie

When I get some new potatoes I must try crushed potatoes

Patatas bravas :hungry:

I remembered another one: home fries with eggs and ham or bacon.

Home fries are parboiled chunks of potatoes that are then fried in bacon grease with diced onions and bell peppers, sometimes garlic or mushrooms, and are often sprinkled with paprika.

My fave potato is called cliff kidney, I don't know if you guys get them, I plant in October November. They are ready for Xmas day with our lunch. Lots of butter, I just love them. Then twice fried then potato cheesy bake. I use agrias as they are a completely different potato, great for frying. Also hasselback is another popular here. We love our spuds,lol.

Patatas bravas :hungry:

I made that about 2 years ago and I cannot remember why but I wasn't keen. There is not an ingredient on the list which I don't like so maybe I just got the proportions wrong.

bravas.jpg

I've tried a number of other ways of serving potatoes which have been less that successful - fresno chillis with mashed potato, onion and tomato puree stuffing.

stuffed fresnos.jpg

My wife obtained these chillis today from Tesco-Lotus (no-one else appears to stock them currently). I believe they are green cayennes (unless anyone knows different).

Green Cayennes s.jpg
(Bht 9.00 - 20 pence)

They are for Chicken Kohlapuri which I am cooking this afternoon but there are too many so I was thinking maybe "potatoes with roast chillis" later in the week.

potschili.jpg

My wife obtained these chillis today from Tesco-Lotus (no-one else appears to stock them currently). I believe they are green cayennes (unless anyone knows different).

View attachment 15820 (Bht 9.00 - 20 pence)

They are for Chicken Kohlapuri which I am cooking this afternoon but there are too many so I was thinking maybe "potatoes with roast chillis" later in the week.

potschili.jpg

The could be Serranos.

Back
Top Bottom