Your favourite way to serve potatoes

Potato bake.

Layers of thinly sliced potato with bacon, spring onion greens, garlic, cream, salt & pepper interspersed. Cover and bake then remove cover and add cheddar, bake until melted.

It’s a typical party/bbq dish here.

Lol, yes, very passe but still rich and delicious.

The name has always bothered me, though. If you are tempted by a potato, you need to get out more.

I make it with dairy-free cream so probably not as rich. I love it with something simple and fresh like a mixed leaf salad.

I made that about 2 years ago and I cannot remember why but I wasn't keen. There is not an ingredient on the list which I don't like so maybe I just got the proportions wrong.

bravas.jpg

Did you serve it was garlic mayo? :hyper:

They look long to be serranos. But, one way to find out is to take a small nibble: if you end up in the hospital, then they're cayennes; if not, then they're serranos :heat:

I've tried that before with the chillis available here. Even in the same batch, the heat could be substantially different between two of the chillis. Luckily I'm somewhat immune to the heat now but it's still difficult when trying to determine the number to add.

Many years ago in Cameron Highlands in Malaysia I found some beautiful looking chillis on sale. I asked the vendor if I may try one. He thought I was crazy. After I bit into it I knew I was crazy! I couldn't speak for another 10 minutes. I still bought a pack.

My favourite way to serve potatoes at this time of year is not happening any time soon. A combination of a wet Spring, late frosts and Brexit means that Jersey Royals are like hen's teeth this season. The only place I have found selling them is a market stall grocer I use, and he had sold his last bag just before I got there. At £8.00 per kilo :hyper:. None of the supermarkets are stocking them because they would have to charge double that to make their usual margin. Last year Tesco's couldn't give them away at £1.00 per bag.

My favourite way to serve potatoes at this time of year is not happening any time soon. A combination of a wet Spring, late frosts and Brexit means that Jersey Royals are like hen's teeth this season. The only place I have found selling them is a market stall grocer I use, and he had sold his last bag just before I got there. At £8.00 per kilo :hyper:. None of the supermarkets are stocking them because they would have to charge double that to make their usual margin. Last year Tesco's couldn't give them away at £1.00 per bag.

I didn't realise this. How terrible - I was looking forward to getting some soon.... jusy checked Ocado and they have some. Sorry - I know Ocado doesn't deliver to you.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 17.36.44.png

I didn't realise this. How terrible - I was looking forward to getting some soon.... jusy checked Ocado and they have some. Sorry - I know Ocado doesn't deliver to you.

View attachment 15950
Odd that they are selling Waitrose ones. My local Waitrose doesn't have any!

Only the Ocado branded ones appear to be vegetarian. I wonder what the other two are made of...

Back
Top Bottom