Your Photos

That is our state flower although we call them bluebonnets.
Just out of curiosity, do you also have the reddish pink ones?
Beside the road and in fields we call them Indian paint brushes. In my backyard, it is called a weed.
I don't think we do, but will ask around. Are they the same family?

Angkor Wat, Kampuchea.

IMG_0080.jpg

Most temples that are over a few hundred years old are Hindhu temples, both here in Thailand (N.E.) and in Kampuchea. Even so, the populations are predominately Buddhist.

Love those. Especially that tree.
thank you. The tree is literally next to the veranda hence the awkward angle and the cropping of the top of the tree. The other side is still green!

All of those were taken off the veranda where I am sitting at the moment along with our injured chook who has been systematically terrorising me for the last couple of days. A sure sign she is feeling much better, but it is going to be several more weeks before she can rejoin the flock because of the pecking order and the fact that all of them will use the "peck" in the pecking order to ensure they move up a level at her expense. Her expense sadly will be them attacking her wounds if I don't keep a very careful eye on it. She can't fly, she has lost too many of her flight feathers and under both wings is either a complete lack of skin or sections with teeth wounds going into her body. I have no idea who she survived either the attack or her injuries but she has. A vet would have said put her down, but my friend (who hatched her, her first one) said they have amazing healing powers given the right support, so I took her over to her so she could help me make the decision that thankfully wasn't needed in the end, and we patched her back together giving her painkillers as needed. I ended up leaving her injuries open just keeping them as clean as possible and applying a triple antibacterial cream (from the US) to everything and also an antibacterial spray (of a 4th AB) which dyes everything blue, plus some oral ab's (a 5th lot) to cover her as much as possible. It was either going to cure or kill... and if she survived the first night, she stood a chance of surviving. Her tail has nearly been cut off completely but the bleeding had all stopped when I found her and despite everything being filled with dirt and soil, it hasn't ever smelt bad, and whilst it has healed in a slightly wonky position....

This is Miss Mischief or Pipper as she is known - taken 2 days ago... Don't think I added it here... just on FB where there are

IMG_8592_800.JPG

Back
Top Bottom