Your Photos

Yes, but you can do that just by jumping on a plane or driving. You can choose to live in Alaska or Florida without loads of paperwork or learning a foreign language.
Oh now I see what you mean.
If I want to freeze my Yayas off, I can move to Alaska. If I want to bake my yayas, I can move to Phoenix in the summer.
If I just want the freeze/bake/maybe get electrocuted I can stay put.
Note: this recent vacation, we had to have a heater at night and an air conditioner during the day.

nope sorry
PS - I have been trying to upload a few pics but all I get is a 'upload failed' message at the end - I use Linux not windows but I don't see any problem there surely. Any suggestions ?

Sorry, love the principle of Linux but never used it. I was a unix buff back on the day, but that's not really much help!

Oh now I see what you mean.
If I want to freeze my Yayas off, I can move to Alaska. If I want to bake my yayas, I can move to Phoenix in the summer.
If I just want the freeze/bake/maybe get electrocuted I can stay put.
Note: this recent vacation, we had to have a heater at night and an air conditioner during the day.

And how were your Yayas?

nope sorry
PS - I have been trying to upload a few pics but all I get is a 'upload failed' message at the end - I use Linux not windows but I don't see any problem there surely. Any suggestions ?

It shouldn't be a problem. I use a Mac which is Linux based. Not sure what the problem is. Have you ever succeeded in uploading a picture to the forum?

nope sorry

I have had similar problems. It's the size in my case. I try and keep within the 800 x 550 px but only using a "high" resolution, not "maximum". That appears to work in most cases. Obviously keep the original for possibly future use.

Get it blown up, covering the window and turn the heating up!

Will only work to best effect if you're up first.
"Turning the heat up" kinda messes up staying out of hot weather, though, don't you think? :sun: Anything over 75 and I turn into a shrew.

I so envy you Americans in the diversity of climate you have!
It is a blessing...and a curse. We used to have family in Florida. One time we were visiting at Christmastime the weather for the return trip turned ugly. Blizzard conditions along the coast - and 1100 miles between where we were and where we had to be. Thankfully my hubby's boss was understanding. We ended up getting back two days later than expected, but it was all good.

It's amazing, though, how you can leave snow and temperatures below freezing, drive three days (two if you're sturdy, but we like to take our time), and end up being able to wear shorts and sandals.

It shouldn't be a problem. I use a Mac which is Linux based. Not sure what the problem is. Have you ever succeeded in uploading a picture to the forum?
Never
I have had similar problems. It's the size in my case. I try and keep within the 800 x 550 px but only using a "high" resolution, not "maximum". That appears to work in most cases. Obviously keep the original for possibly future use.
Will check

Yes, but you can do that just by jumping on a plane or driving. You can choose to live in Alaska or Florida without loads of paperwork or learning a foreign language.

Just for information I need to "extend my stay" here every 12 months, in fact I have just done my latest today.

What I need for my extension based upon retirement in Thailand:

At least Bht 800,000.00 (US$ 23,200.00) in a Thai bank which must have been there for at least 3 months.
Copies of my passbook (bankbook) pages which prove that and the balance at the date of application.
A letter from said Thai bank to confirm the balance at the date of application.
Copies of my passport including pages containing all previous extensions (if any) and my original visa (which I am extending).
Copy of my entry card to Thailand.
Copies of my landlord's (in my case my wife's) I.D. and her "housepaper" and a declaration stating that that is the address at which I live.
A declaration (including current photograph) confirming my address and the above.

[If I'm away from that address for longer than 24 hours and still in country, I need to inform Immigration of where I am staying and also, when and if I return).

Just for information I need to "extend my stay" here every 12 months, in fact I have just done my latest today.

What I need for my extension based upon retirement in Thailand:

At least Bht 800,000.00 (US$ 23,200.00) in a Thai bank which must have been there for at least 3 months.
Copies of my passbook (bankbook) pages which prove that and the balance at the date of application.
A letter from said Thai bank to confirm the balance at the date of application.
Copies of my passport including pages containing all previous extensions (if any) and my original visa (which I am extending).
Copy of my entry card to Thailand.
Copies of my landlord's (in my case my wife's) I.D. and her "housepaper" and a declaration stating that that is the address at which I live.
A declaration (including current photograph) confirming my address and the above.

[If I'm away from that address for longer than 24 hours and still in country, I need to inform Immigration of where I am staying and also, when and if I return).
Wow, that last one seems very restrictive. We need a bit of that in the UK judging by how often press reports foreign criminals absconding and authorities being unable to track them down. Does it put you off exploring the country or is it easier to deal with in practice?

A couple of pics of my boy playing rugby. He loves being lifted up in lineouts.

Ryan line out 1.jpg

Ryan line out 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom