Your Photos

I was a smoker for nigh on 50 years but surprisingly, normal pub smoking doesn't bother me (it is illegal here but few bars take notice). I cannot imagine being able to handle the airport smoking rooms though (if there are any left?).
I started to smoke when I was 10 yrs. old. I am now 79 and the doctor doesn't even mention to stop smoking. I have had three heart attacks and open heart surgery. My heart is beating strong. And the doctor had to take me off blood pressure. My blood pressure was right where it was supposed to be without it and the meds kept making me pass out. I have never had an alcoholic drink in my life. Smoking is my only vice and enjoyment.

I started to smoke when I was 10 yrs. old. I am now 79 and the doctor doesn't even mention to stop smoking. I have had three heart attacks and open heart surgery. My heart is beating strong. And the doctor had to take me off blood pressure. My blood pressure was right where it was supposed to be without it and the meds kept making me pass out. I have never had an alcoholic drink in my life. Smoking is my only vice and enjoyment.
Blimey! you are lucky to smoke so long without lung problems. Do you smoke many a day? I was 40 a day for years... I still miss it occasionally.

Last edited:
Sometimes one of my photos will catch my eye on my website. Tonight it was this one. I just love the trees and the light. I don't edit my pictures beyond a minor tweak on exposure. So this is as I saw it. For me it is about the light. you just have to love Scotland.

View attachment 7922
It is a stunning photo

None left since the U.K. banned smoking in indoor public places in July 2007. It wa May that same year I last used one.

At airports: The following have smoking permitted in their " special rooms " ..

1) Zúrich, Switzerland.
2) Madrid, Spain.
3) Bucharest, Romania.
4) Atlanta, Georgia, Usa.

These are the last 4 flights, I had taken ..

Here are a couple of photos taken in Edinburgh today the one of the castle is taken from Princess Street
P1000731.JPG
P1000734.JPG
P1000739.JPG
P1000741.JPG

Haven't been to Edinburgh for a few years - used to do work for the Scottish Dairy Event at Ingliston. Is Jenners still there? Great store from what I remember. Happened to go in one day when Hugh F.W. was doing a book signing - had a nice chat.

Hello yes Jenner's is still there although i dont use it much a wee bit up market for a guy like me...Edinburgh was lovely today a bit cloudy early on but cleared up i see that they have already got the scaffold up at the castle for the tattoo.... busy busy place

For those complaining it is too hot...

DSC_1597.JPG

There is a view missing from here...

DSC_1598.JPG

The chook house. There should be a creek, paddocks and a mountain passed the chook enclosure... It's freezing fog and until it gives me the idea it is leaving I can't put a load of washing on or start the sourdough off.

But it has lifted quite a bit since daylight. I can now see the chook house from our sitting room!

My 'view' this rather cold (coldest yet here) this morning. A crisp start to the shortest day of the year. (Otherwise called "Walkabout on the shortest day of the year".)
IMG_9248.JPG

Life feels warmer once the sun comes over the mountain behind me...
IMG_9289.JPG

IMG_9277.JPG

But I can assure you it take a while for it to get warm Today at 10am it hadn't yet made it passed 0C

IMG_9309.JPG

I still find it hard getting my head around the concept of a frozen eucalyptus bushland...

IMG_9315.JPG

These 'fields' or 'pastures' are artificially maintained by the excessive kangaroo and wallaby populations (plus jack rabbits) but the native bush is slowly reclaiming them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom