Your Photos

20170817_115444.jpg

:laugh:

Well alrighty then, @morning glory!

When we were driving through Kentucky, we stopped and toured two Bourbon distilleries. The first and larger of the two, Makers Mark, had recently had an art installation completed. It featured the blown glass art of Seattle, Washington artist Dale Chihuly. Our niece works in mosaic art, and had visited his museum when she was in Seattle for a Society of American Mosaic Artists (SAMA) convention. She is also on the board, and I believe she had the chance to meet with Chihuly when in Seattle. While his works aren't my "thing", I do admire the execution and detail that goes into them. A few examples:

I think this one was titled "Summer Sun".

20170823_134920.jpg

This is one of six bowls that they had featured in a line, each with its own spotlight shining down.

20170823_141101.jpg

And five of the six (I couldn't get a wide enough shot for all five).

20170823_140949.jpg

When we were driving through Kentucky, we stopped and toured two Bourbon distilleries. The first and larger of the two, Makers Mark, had recently had an art installation completed. It featured the blown glass art of Seattle, Washington artist Dale Chihuly. Our niece works in mosaic art, and had visited his museum when she was in Seattle for a Society of American Mosaic Artists (SAMA) convention. She is also on the board, and I believe she had the chance to meet with Chihuly when in Seattle. While his works aren't my "thing", I do admire the execution and detail that goes into them. A few examples:

View attachment 10038

This is one of six bowls that they had featured in a line, each with its own spotlight shining down.

View attachment 10039

View attachment 10040

@Lynne Guinne

Amazingly incredible glass art .. Reminds me of Morano, one of the Islettes ( very tiny islands ) on the Venecian Canals of Italy.

Have a lovely day .. Thanks for posting ..

View attachment 10038

View attachment 10039

View attachment 10040

Fabulous - I love it!

I understand the reason grocery stores rearrange their shelves and departments on occasion - to get customers to look around at things they might not have been shopping for in the first place. However, I thought this was a rather unfortunate location, considering the former occupants of the shelf space:

20170929_172003.jpg

Nothing like going for the diet meal replacement and finding candy! In the store's defense, I suppose I should mention that the candy was moved from the bread/peanut butter/jelly/jam aisle to the aisle that also contains cookies. Still...

I understand the reason grocery stores rearrange their shelves and departments on occasion - to get customers to look around at things they might not have been shopping for in the first place. However, I thought this was a rather unfortunate location, considering the former occupants of the shelf space:

View attachment 10675

Nothing like going for the diet meal replacement and finding candy! In the store's defense, I suppose I should mention that the candy was moved from the bread/peanut butter/jelly/jam aisle to the aisle that also contains cookies. Still...
:roflmao:

View attachment 10675

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom