Your Photos

He could also have been trying to cut the fan out of the picture. I certainly would have been. (I've done wedding photography professionally.)

Or crop the fan out (still leaving the feet).

22 wf.jpg

I've never taken photographs/captured images professionally (i.e. never been paid for it). However, where there are professional photographers employed (two in this case) being one of the hoi polloi one has no say in the set up of the scene, any additional lighting nor where to position yourself - just take the chances as they come.

However, I did take a short course in "people photography" back in the 80's and the professional who ran the course was of the impression that there are head close ups, head and shoulders close ups, head and torso (to the waist) shots and full length body shots, but never, ever cut off the feet.

We had a sunny Saturday on the east coast of Scotland and this picture is from just before eight o'clock when the sun was setting. There is still a haze over the Firth of Forth, but you can just about make out the three bridges that link Edinburgh to Fife. At the front is the rail bridge; the second is the first road bridge and the back one, with the tall columns, is the new road bridge that was completed last year.

P4220025.JPG

There were a goodly number of eiders around the coast yesterday. You hear them before you see them; the males were making their highly suggestive woo-a-woo calls. This is somewhat apt, because wooing is precisely what they were trying to achieve. This male appears to have attracted one of the ladies.

P4220022.JPG

I was coming out of a grocery store yesterday and saw this great egret hunting in a small patch of shrubs.

36788-albums322-picture7333.jpg

Right after I took this shot, the egrets head ducked into the shrubs and unfortunately for this curly tail, it lost this round of hide and seek.

36788-albums322-picture7332.jpg

Firstly, gorse flowers at the railway station. Gorse is pretty vicious stuff, but produces rather lovely yellow flowers that emit a distinctive coconut scent.

I wondered if they were edible - http://rawedibleplants.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/common-gorse-ulex-europeaus.html
The bright yellow flowers are edible raw and can be made into a tea. The buds can be pickled and used like capers. Gorse is a useful wild food as it continually flowers all year round. Flowers may have a slight coconut aroma and the faint taste of bitter almonds.

Issues: Do not eat flowers in very large quantities on a regular basis as they contain slightly toxic alkaloids.

"Gorse is a useful wild food as it continually flowers all year round."

They are a little off the mark here. Gorse is an opportunistic plant in terms of when it produces flowers, so it might be true to say that you will probably find gorse in flower somewhere at any given time of year.

Back
Top Bottom