Your Photos

I remember going over a bridge and seeing remains of an old bridge, must have been that one. I remember paying a toll on the isle of Skye many years ago. Thanks for the reply.

Russ
The road and rail bridges across the Tay are separate. The road bridge was built in 1966 and was a toll bridge until quite recently, but is now free. There was a ferry crossing for many years, as well as a railway line from Tayport to Dundee, but these closed after the road bridge was opened.

20180608064631_IMG_1213.JPG

20180608064728_IMG_1215.JPG

Have you spotted it?

20180606144742_IMG_1109.JPG

A bit closer. My big camera didn't have any battery power, so this was taken on the little camera.
They are remarkably 'tame' around here to the point of getting within a few metres of them sometimes, but I never have a camera around. This one stayed put for ages. Long enough to go back into the house, grab the big camera, switch lenses over to the king lens, realise the camera body is too light, check no battery, put one in, find its totally dead, switch for spare, curse that's dead too... Find little camera and go back out..

20180606144908_IMG_1117.JPG

Have you spotted it?

View attachment 16645

A bit closer. My big camera didn't have any battery power, so this was taken on the little camera.
They are remarkably 'tame' around here to the point of getting within a few metres of them sometimes, but I never have a camera around. This one stayed put for ages. Long enough to go back into the house, grab the big camera, switch lenses over to the king lens, realise the camera body is too light, check no battery, put one in, find its totally dead, switch for spare, curse that's dead too... Find little camera and go back out..

View attachment 16646

Is it in an old gum tree?

Is it in an old gum tree?
No, it's actually one of the stone fruit trees we have. W just don't know if it if apricot, peach or nectarine. It's definitely not Sharon fruit, but after that we simply don't know and won't until spring, possibly summer. There is a whole row of them, and then another at 90 degrees in the front garden and one more row parallel to that one on the fence the other side of the garden.

They join the fig trees, the lemon tree and another unknown fruit tree in the long list of fruit trees in this garden. It was one a working farm.

Harvest time next year is going to be all about jars I think!

That cat looks like my cat that's been gone 15 years, I won't bother with another one as its not fair when I'm away a lot. Fond memes however.

Russ

Cool cat, my son has 2 cats, rowdy and gigi. Rowdy was hand raised and turns up at other people's homes, letting himself in and sleeping on their beds. Rowdy is well known in his area. He's super friendly. With a nice nature. There's always posts up on their area page on Facebook, people asking where he belongs.

Russ

One more, I have a million photos of every kind of festival, EDM, Rock, Country, etc, etc, but this show is a stand out in my memory. It was their supposed last show sort of like when I saw the WHO's supposed last show in Toronto back 1982. Both were a blast in their own right but this DOA show was just so much fun. I have seen so many shows that sometimes they all just seem like one big show some years This should have been my last show as a photographer as well but like them I went on a few years longer than I probably should have.

View media item 541

One more, I have a million photos of every kind of festival, EDM, Rock, Country, etc, etc, but this show is a stand out in my memory. It was their supposed last show sort of like when I saw the WHO's supposed last show in Toronto back 1982. Both were a blast in their own right but this DOA show was just so much fun. I have seen so many shows that sometimes they all just seem like one big show some years This should have been my last show as a photographer as well but like them I went on a few years longer than I probably should have.

View media item 541

@SlightlyConfused - do I understand that you worked as a professional photographer?

Back
Top Bottom