Your Photos

Behind the palace is a rather substantial loch. You can walk around the entire perimeter, so we did. There is a good abundance of wildlife to be seen and we were pleased to see both great-crested and little grebes among the waterfowl. You also get a stunning view of the palace from just about any point.

Picture 107.jpg
Picture 099.jpg
Picture 103.jpg
Picture 110.jpg

7BB37F54-6533-4CA6-94F8-BCE0B5E17DB9.jpeg

Got back from a morning’s diving and found this on our terrace. It’s a Mediterranean Hawk Moth, this particular sub species should be a few hundred miles south in North Africa, so it’s having a bit of a rest. Stunningly beautiful - made up for not seeing much underwater due to poor visibility.

View attachment 17529
Got back from a morning’s diving and found this on our terrace. It’s a Mediterranean Hawk Moth, this particular sub species should be a few hundred miles south in North Africa, so it’s having a bit of a rest. Stunningly beautiful - made up for not seeing much underwater due to poor visibility.

That's HUGE. It reminds me of the Death's Head Hawk moths we had in our garden when I was a kid. I was fascinated by them. I don't think they were quite that big though.

Btw, I'm not so much as smiling as I am grimmacing, or melting. It was 37° C with bright sunshine and skull crushing humidity by 10 AM as we started our round.

Btw, I'm not so much as smiling as I am grimmacing, or melting. It was 37° C with bright sunshine and skull crushing humidity by 10 AM as we started our round.
Its not far off that here. Unbearable for me. The water photos in your previous post look extremely enticing - I need a swim...

Cultivated silk worms - OTOP (One Tambun, One Product) this morning.

Silk worms OTOP s.jpg

And the clothes.

silk dress OTOP s.jpg

This strange "suit of armour" was displayed in OTOP yesterday. I'm told that it is designed for beauty pageants. Looks more like the "Knights of Ni" to me!

OTOP chain mail s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom