Your Photos

Lisbon, 2014

IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0028.JPG DSCN2272.jpg

I looked up one of the racks. Trasportation systems?

Not quite, although transportation is involved. I presume you looked up the Frequentis rack? I'm an Air Traffic Engineer so my responsibility is to ensure that all the Navaids around the airport are functioning correctly.
The Frequentis is a Voice Switch, it's function is to take in all the incoming and outgoing radio and telephone traffic and direct it to where it needs to go. So an Air Traffic Controller can press a touch screen button and talk to somebody on the phone, then press another button and talk to an aircraft, all through the same headset.
One of the more interesting courses I've been on, the fact that it was in Vienna helped!

One of our cats loves to watch TV, so here is my son joining him in watching hockey. Apparently, they're discussing how Henrik Lundquist is a king without a ring.

(My guess is only Rock will get that.)

1123181330c.jpg

Reminds of sunrise at Kuta. Beautiful.

Russ

It must be 20 years since I was in Kuta. I guess it must have changed. I remember staying in Jimbaran when there were two beach restaurants (1995). Three years later, you couldn't see the sea for restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom