Your Photos

Last night's "Bad Moon".

For information, I used AV but stopped down 5 whole stops (maximum on my camera). The result using the 250 mm lense was F14, 1/12 s at ISO 100. However, that still was not sufficient and needed a further post processing adjustment of around another 4 full stops.

If there's another example of a colourfull moon I shall go manual but that involves a lot of trial and error.

A few pics from our walk this morning around Thornton Reservoir.

20190224_110035.jpg

20190224_101519.jpg

20190224_101140.jpg

20190224_101511.jpg

My husband spotted this in the supermarket yesterday but didn't mention it because I was having a harumph in the banana department :mad:

We went back in today to buy it and I will get them underway this afternoon

20190224_131855.jpg

Amazing pic, I love art and those that are gifted with it. I never was, but my wife's family are gifted. My son can see something 2 weeks ago and then draw it almost identical. My fave artist is Dali. I visited his museum in Montmartre.

Russ

I had a print of Dali's "Metamorphosis of Narcissus" and a print of Picasso's "The Old Guitarist" having on my dining room wall in UK.

My ex-wife has probably burnt them.

I spotted movement next to my bare foot...

When we had the floods in 2013, our toilets wouldn't flush (septic tanks and cess pits) so I would walk around to the rear of the house to relieve myself. Almost ever time I would stand on something under the water en route. When the water finally drained away I found that I'd been standing on a scorpion (luckily dead).

scorpion.jpg

I'm told the black ones are not life threatening but their sting can be very painful.

It's the same here. After much investigation (with a bowl over it to stop it going under the sofa) it is also of the sting is only more painful than a bee sting category (but I'm likely allergic to bee and wasp stings given I'm allergic to snake bites, so I decided not to intervene and left everything to my husband I including the (rather poor) photo .)
Mine was a marbled scorpion we believe. Apparently very good at eating spiders...

Back
Top Bottom