Your Photos

Sunset this evening.

sunset march 1 s.jpg

It's the same here. After much investigation (with a bowl over it to stop it going under the sofa) it is also of the sting is only more painful than a bee sting category (but I'm likely allergic to bee and wasp stings given I'm allergic to snake bites, so I decided not to intervene and left everything to my husband I including the (rather poor) photo .)
Mine was a marbled scorpion we believe. Apparently very good at eating spiders...

:eek: I assume you are talking about non-venomous snakes? Everyone will have a reaction to venomous snake bites, unless it is a "dry bite".

:eek: I assume you are talking about non-venomous snakes? Everyone will have a reaction to venomous snake bites, unless it is a "dry bite".
No. It was a venomous one I was bitten by. A viper (or adder). I was in emergency (a&e) after being taken there by ambulance on a blue light job. Hubby got worried about me several hours after I was bitten. He rang for help.. .
I ended up having to have the anti-venom. That bit I do remember, that and the emergency staff getting very worried about me and moving me into resus. I also remember how damned painful it was. I was exceptionally lucky though because there was a nurse on duty that afternoon who was from south Africa/had worked in south Africa so had experience of snake bites something that isn't exactly very common in the UK (unless you're a vet, dogs do get bitten a lot but most did before making it to a vet) . It was the consultant overseeing my case that told me I'd had an allergic reaction to the snake bite (on top of it being a venomous snake...) usually they don't give the anti-venom because it's as dangerous as the snake bite itself.
They kill you both ways !

Nope, just dunked it in rain water.

I got curious as I love orchids but had the impression they were difficult to keep. It seems that overwatering is the most common reason that orchids die. Also - they do need feeding sometimes and you can get special orchid fertiliser.

There is a useful guide from Interflora here .https://www.interflora.co.uk/content/orchids/

I may now go and buy an orchid!

I got curious as I love orchids but had the impression they were difficult to keep. It seems that overwatering is the most common reason that orchids die. Also - they do need feeding sometimes and you can get special orchid fertiliser.

There is a useful guide from Interflora here .https://www.interflora.co.uk/content/orchids/

I may now go and buy an orchid!

To be honest I have always found them easy to look after. My only issue is that when the flowers finish you are supposed to cut down the stem to encourage re-growth and flowers which unfortunately leaves you with just leaves for months until they regrow.

This one is a type I have never had before so really pleased by how happy it is.

Unfortunately supermarkets have started selling orchids that have been sprayed an odd shade of blue, they look so unnatural and unattractive.

P1050246fbb small.jpg
Photo of Long Bien Bridge in Hanoi taken back in February. Designed by Gustav Eiffel (of Eiffel Tower fame), and built in 1899, became a symbol of the resilience of the Hanoian people during the Vietnam War. Repeatedly bombed and partially destroyed by the US, each time it was quickly repaired and back in business in a relatively short space of time.

That bridge reminds me of the bridge on the river Kwai. When last in Bangkok I hired a car and driver for the day, went up to Kwai river, that was incredibly spooky on that bridge knowing the deaths all around there. I'm glad I went. Then we went to an elephant show and Thai kick boxing.
@Yorky have you been there??

Russ

Back
Top Bottom