Your Photos

That bridge reminds me of the bridge on the river Kwai. When last in Bangkok I hired a car and driver for the day, went up to Kwai river, that was incredibly spooky on that bridge knowing the deaths all around there. I'm glad I went. Then we went to an elephant show and Thai kick boxing.
@Yorky have you been there??

Yes, back in the late 90s. Unfortunately it was work related so I had little time to sightsee.

Unfortunately supermarkets have started selling orchids that have been sprayed an odd shade of blue, they look so unnatural and unattractive.
It's not a spray. It's very easy to do and you can see when it was last done and how well an orchid is growing by looking at the flowers . The bottom flowers will be dyed whatever colour you want (all sorts of colours are turning up in the supermarkets here) and as you go up the flower spike, they will become patchy and finally white .

All it is is a white moth orchid that has had a food colouring (or similar water based dye) added to the water when it's watered. (if it was sprayed the flower spike itself would not still be green) .I remember doing experiments at school with carnations including one where only half of the flower was dyed blue by slicing the stem in half laterally and truncating one half above the waterline.

It's not a spray. It's very easy to do and you can see when it was last done and how well an orchid is growing by looking at the flowers . The bottom flowers will be dyed whatever colour you want (all sorts of colours are turning up in the supermarkets here) and as you go up the flower spike, they will become patchy and finally white .

All it is is a white moth orchid that has had a food colouring (or similar water based dye) added to the water when it's watered. (if it was sprayed the flower spike itself would not still be green) .I remember doing experiments at school with carnations including one where only half of the flower was dyed blue by slicing the stem in half laterally and truncating one half above the waterline.

They still look horrible, so unnatural, I am aware they are actually white so some unsuspecting person may get a bit of surprise.

That bridge reminds me of the bridge on the river Kwai. When last in Bangkok I hired a car and driver for the day, went up to Kwai river, that was incredibly spooky on that bridge knowing the deaths all around there. I'm glad I went. Then we went to an elephant show and Thai kick boxing.
@Yorky have you been there??

Russ

Good movie, though.

I used to see lots of ladybirds when I was young, but it's been a long time since I've seen more than the odd one. However, we seem to have had a bit of an outbreak of them lately.

P4210083.JPG

Breakfast at our local tearooms, what looks like a swift nest underneath the bridge, a lovely horse on the meadows and a wild pansy growing in our garden.

20190422_111754.jpg

20190422_113651_Burst01.jpg

20190422_113325.jpg

20190422_114024_Burst01.jpg

I used to see lots of ladybirds when I was young, but it's been a long time since I've seen more than the odd one. However, we seem to have had a bit of an outbreak of them lately.

View attachment 23836

Two spotted (sorry about the pun) in my garden the other day. I think Spring was in the air. They were still in this position an hour later...

fullsizeoutput_45fd.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom