The Instant Pot (pressure/multicooker) thread.

LOVE my IP!!!
IMG_6465.JPG

I got this beauty back in October of 2020, I use it ALOT!!!
Most recent was Baby Back Ribs
IMG_3888.JPG

Fun Fact I just recently learned:
you need to adjust for your elevation!
Instant-Pot-Altitude-Conversion-.jpg

We're at just about 5000 feet above Sea level, so I add 15% of cook time, as well, I keep notes as to how long it takes for each dish/recipe to come to pressure, so that the next go-around, I can time dinner pretty accurately.
I did 35 minutes on manual and 10 min NR - it took 13 minutes to come to pressure.
Once done, I carefully lifted out the rack to a baking sheet and seared it on the BBQ until the outside as just a touch charred.
I only used a simple dry rub - no sauce. For liquid, I used 1C. water + 1/2 C. Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke.
YUMMY!

It has a sous vide feature? Do all of them have that?
No they don’t and it used to bump up the price considerably but not anymore, it cost’s a bit more to have the extra functions but I’m happy to have them.

I did buy the one that has an air fryer lid so I could get rid of my small airfryer but I haven’t used it because my mini oven has an excellent airfryer function.
It did allow me to get rid of the separate air fryer anyway though so it kinda served its purpose! 😂

No they don’t and it used to bump up the price considerably but not anymore, it cost’s a bit more to have the extra functions but I’m happy to have them.

I did buy the one that has an air fryer lid so I could get rid of my small airfryer but I haven’t used it because my mini oven has an excellent airfryer function.
It did allow me to get rid of the separate air fryer anyway though so it kinda served its purpose! 😂
I love my toaster oven 9-in-1 which has a convection oven and air fryer but I've got room for an instapot!

I love my toaster oven 9-in-1 which has a convection oven and air fryer but I've got room for an instapot!
Yes that’s the thing! Mines a ‘10 in 1 ninja foodi’ and the air fryer function is excellent. The little oven is excellent full stop, so much so my big oven takes second place (and that keeps it nice a clean too 😂).

Yes that’s the thing! Mines a ‘10 in 1 ninja foodi’ and the air fryer function is excellent. The little oven is excellent full stop, so much so my big oven takes second place (and that keeps it nice a clean too 😂).
Yeah we rarely use the big oven, maybe 2x a month!

Back
Top Bottom