What Are You Reading?

Book 3 of the Thursday Murder Club (having read books 1 & 2) by Richard Osman. Witty, quirky and in places touching but with more than a touch of grit. The stories feature a group of retired folk in a retirement village who get involved in solving murders. Book 1 is to be made into a film later this year with Helen Mirren starring as Elizabeth (the ex-spy).

Book 3 of the Thursday Murder Club (having read books 1 & 2) by Richard Osman. Witty, quirky and in places touching but with more than a touch of grit. The stories feature a group of retired folk in a retirement village who get involved in solving murders. Book 1 is to be made into a film later this year with Helen Mirren starring as Elizabeth (the ex-spy).
I enjoyed book one, reckon it would make a cracking film, especially with Mirren as the main protagonist.

Did you read book 2 or 3?
No only book no 1 about four years ago, the others weren’t out at the time and while I did enjoy it I did find it a bit sweet, my taste in books is bit urr.. sour? 😂

Mind you I could probably do with a bit of feel good book right now.

As an aside Richard Osman was on room 101 way back when.
He has a very difficult relationship with food, he said he has a fat man inside him that constantly shouts to be let out and he finds his addiction to food hard to control to the extent it’s a constant battle.

I always think it’s very sad when food, one of life’s basic pleasures loses its joy and becomes something difficult.
I’m always glad when the company I keep orders the pie and mash and a couple of extra sides! 😋

Back
Top Bottom