10 Non-traditional ways to eat Turkey

smlewis00

Veteran
Local time
8:06 PM
Turkey is delicious! You can do so much with it! Here is a list of 10 Non-traditional ways to eat Turkey:
1. Turkey Tacos
2. Turkey Enchiladas
3. Turkey Pizza
4. Turkey Crepes
5. Turkey breakfast sandwich
6. Turkey salad
7. Turkey Croissant
8. Turkey and noodles
9. Turkey Burritos
10. Turkey casserole
What are some non-traditional ways you eat or prepare turkey? Do you eat turkey throughout the year or only at Thanksgiving?

You left off one of my absolute favorites!! Turkey Chops!! I absolutely love them and if cooked correctly can be very very juicy. I like to pan fry it until the outside is golden and it seals in the juices then I bake it in the oven the rest of the way. MMM MMM GOOD!

I've used turkey lunch meat in omelettes in the morning, along with some spinach and tomatoes, to add some extra protein. I generally buy the "turkey off the bone" lunch meat, that is more like traditional roasted turkey, rather than a heavily processed gelatinous loaf of processed turkey. It's a nice time saver when you are in a hurry in the mornings, vs. cooking raw turkey from scratch and dealing with extra pans & utensils.

I'm not a fan of turkey in chili only because it never gets a dark color, it just looks like light flecks in the sauce which looks unappetizing to me. But I do love turkey meatballs, and will make large batches of them and store them in my freezer for meals and snacks.

Turkey Tetrazzini is another favorite, though it is somewhat well known. It's a nice alternative to the usual tuna noodle casserole.

I used to love turkey burgers. I'm surprised that it's not on the list. I also used to make lasagne with turkey.

I have eaten turkey chili. I never had a problem with it. Turkey meatballs are delicious.

Ground turkey meatloaf is the best! I love it so much more than beef meatloaf. You should really try it. I also make turkey meatballs for my spaghetti.

I eat Turkey throughout the year (well, only when it's on sale). I eat it the most around holidays like thanksgiving. I always have fun coming up with new things to use the leftovers for. Turkey sandwiches, turkey on buttered toast (soooo goood), turkey tacos, turkey tortilla soup...

Back
Top Bottom