3 Quick Tips

Pat

Veteran
Local time
7:10 AM
1. Place your slice of pizza in a non stick skillet on the stove top to warm it up. This will keep the crust crispy.

2. When you use a container of cake frosting to frost a cake or cup cakes, whip the frosting with your mixer first. This will double the frosting available to frost the cake or cup cakes and you will eat less sugar per serving.

3. Warm biscuits, pancakes or muffins that have been refrigerated in the microwave with a cup of water. The cup of water will help to keep the food moist and reheat faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Place your slice of pizza in a non stick skillet on the stove top to warm it up. This will keep the crust crispy.

2. When you use a container of cake frosting to frost a cake or cup cakes, whip the frosting with your mixer first. This will double the frosting available to frost the cake or cup cakes and you will eat less sugar per serving.

3. Warm biscuits, pancakes or muffins that have been refrigerated in the microwave with a cup of water, the cup of water will help to keep the food moist and reheat faster.

You mention biscuits in your third point! See Scones thread(in Bread and Breadmaking)! In UK biscuits would never be warmed up - so does this mean that your biscuits are like our scones? :laugh::scratchhead:

3. Warm biscuits, pancakes or muffins that have been refrigerated in the microwave with a cup of water. The cup of water will help to keep the food moist and reheat faster.
All three of the aware going to come in very handy, thank you! Particularly the frosting tip. I'm definitely have to try it next time a bake a cake. I think it'll help me not mess up the next time. The frosting is always so thick and heavy that, no matter how long I let it cool, I'll tear it to shreds.

You mention biscuits in your third point! See Scones thread(in Bread and Breadmaking)! In UK biscuits would never be warmed up - so does this mean that your biscuits are like our scones? :laugh::scratchhead:

I would say definitely, because I would do the trick with biscuits, but not with scones :scratchhead::chef::ninja:.

I agree with @LilAnn, thanks @Pat for these tips, I'll be putting them to use for sure!

Thanks for the tip. #2 might not be of any help as I plan to stay away from frosting any cakes for a long time. Staying away might suggest I have tried it: I haven't. I just believe in perfecting the cake before I decorate and I have a long way to go before I perfect my cakes. I baked a coconut bread yesterday and gave myself and the cake 80%..

This is such a new and awesome tip for me. Never knew I could get double the frosting as well as less sugar just from whipping it first. This is a really helpful tip that I'll really try to remember and to live by now. Thanks for this!

Back
Top Bottom