Recipe & Video 5 EASY No Churn Ice Cream Recipes

What kinds of ice cream have you made before?

• Total voters

Cinnamonita

Local time
1:37 AM
The thrumming heat of summer is scheduled to return in a few days, and these five silky ice cream recipes are the perfect treat for cooling down. My friends know I adore making custard-based ice cream recipes, but not everyone has an ice cream maker, and that’s not the only way to make delicious ice cream! Each of these recipes has just a few ingredients, and can be prepared in a matter of a few minutes! If you don’t have an electric hand beater, you can use a whisk, or even a fork, so there’s no special equipment needed.

No eggs, no machine, and you can let your freezer do the work for you. Here’s my take on the easiest Cookies and Cream, Dulce de Leche, Cherry, Coffee, and Peanut Butter ice cream recipes out there.

Cookies and Cream
Ingredients

• 200 grams chocolate sandwich cookies (I use "Oreos")
  • 300 mL sweetened condensed milk This is equal to one can
  • 2 cups whipping cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
Chop chocolate sandwich cookies roughly.
Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form (2-3 minutes).
Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to whipped cream and combine thoroughly.
Stir in chopped chocolate sandwich cookies and pour into container for freezing.
upload_2019-8-23_15-24-46.png

Dulce de Leche
Ingredients

• 600 mL dulce de leche This is equal to 2 cans
  • 1/2 tsp Salt Flaky sea salt is best
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups whipping cream Whips best if very cold
Instructions
Whip cream to soft peaks.
Beat vanilla and one can of dulce de leche into whipped cream.
Stir ½ tsp of salt into the other can of dulce de leche.
Lightly swirl 2/3 of the second can of dulce de leche into whipped cream mixture. Less swirling results in thicker caramel-like ribbons.
Pour into container for freezing, then drizzle the remaining dulce de leche on top. Swirl once with knife. Freeze 8-10 hours, or overnight.

upload_2019-8-23_15-23-51.png

Cherry
Ingredients

• 1 tsp vanilla extract[
  • 1/4 cups cherries Frozen or fresh
  • 2 cups whipping cream
  • 300 mL sweetened condensed milk Equal to one can
Instructions
Reserve 8-10 cherries for garnish, and puree the rest of the cherries in blender with condensed milk, and vanilla extract. The cherrries could require stirring or the user of a tamper. Whip the cream to soft peaks. Stir the blended cherries into the whipped cream.
Pour into a container for freezing. Chop and sprinkle the remaining cherries on top. Freeze (6-8 hours).
upload_2019-8-23_15-25-0.png

Coffee
Ingredients

• 2 cups whipping cream Best if very cold
  • 2 1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder
  • 50 grams chocolate, chopped into flakes This is the same as about 2 oz
Instructions
Beat all ingredients except for chocolate together until soft peaks form.
Reserving a bit for garnish, stir in the chocolate.
Pour into container for freezing, and sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
Cover and freeze for 6-8 hours, or until frozen.
Styling option: freeze in parchment-paper lined baking tray so you cut ice cream into cubes to serve it. (Scooping it works well, too!)
To do so, once frozen, pull ice cream out of tray, take off parchment paper, and slice into cubes.
upload_2019-8-23_15-25-8.png

Peanut Butter
Ingredients

• 2 cups whipping cream Best if very cold
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 9 chocolate peanut butter cups I like using the regular size rather than the small ones, because I like the ratio of chocolate to filling in them.
  • 1/2 tsp salt if the peanut butter is unsalted Do not add if your peanut butter is already salted
Instructions
Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form.
Blend in sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and salt if your peanut butter is unsalted.
Roughly chop chocolate peanut butter cups.
Mix peanut butter cups into ice cream base.
Pour into container, cover, and freeze for 6-8 hours.
upload_2019-8-23_15-25-22.png

Last edited:
Before I voted, I did this:
Capture.JPG

So, I learned something today...thanks for that! I will have to try making this sometime. I have made all of the above, as well as sherbet. It's fun to see that there are so many variations on a great idea.

Thanks, too, for posting all these great recipes. I've never used condensed milk for making ice cream, but it does seem like a great thing to use for no churn recipes. It's still summer, so it's still ice cream weather! :)

Before I voted, I did this:
View attachment 31172

So, I learned something today...thanks for that! I will have to try making this sometime. I have made all of the above, as well as sherbet. It's fun to see that there are so many variations on a great idea.
Oh neat :) So true!

Thanks, too, for posting all these great recipes. I've never used condensed milk for making ice cream, but it does seem like a great thing to use for no churn recipes.

There are two reasons this ice cream works, to my understanding, and the first heavily depends on the condensed milk:
1. There are no egg yolks in this ice cream, which normally work as emulsifiers and create a silky smooth texture since they are so fatty and do not freeze hard like water. Instead an "Invert sugar" is used, in this case sweetened condensed milk, which creates a viscous, smoother texture for the ice cream.
2. The cream is whipped such that the bubbles prevent the long shards of ice crystals from forming in lieu of churning.

Yes! Still ice cream weather, thank goodness.

Last edited:
There are two reasons this ice cream works, to my understanding, and the first heavily depends on the condensed milk:
1. There are no egg yolks in this ice cream, which normally work as emulsifiers and create a silky smooth texture since they are so fatty and do not freeze hard like water. Instead an "Invert sugar" is used, in this case sweetened condensed milk, which creates a viscous, smoother texture for the ice cream.
2. The cream is whipped such that the bubbles prevent the long shards of ice crystals from forming in lieu of churning.
Science! My second favorite thing about making food. :geek:

So, I learned something today...thanks for that! I will have to try making this sometime.

You haven't been paying attention @The Late Night Gourmet! :) I posted a recipe recently which was a kulfi (mentioned in the intro). Not a recipe I'd recommend, I hasten to add! https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/dijon-mustard-tarragon-ice-cream.15514/#post-157937. Within that thread is a link to another (better!) kulfi I made before you joined the forum.

@Cinnamonita - really beautiful food photography here and the video is great. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom