Recipe 5 minute Vegetable Soup

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
10:23 AM
this actually takes more along the lines of three minutes if everything is prepared, but five minutes if you need to do some quick cutting. Here's what you'll need:
1 can of tomato soup
1 can (I suggest the tomato soup can your going to use) of water.
2 small (ex: 1/3, 1/4) portions of vegetables of your choice. (I prefer carrots and onions)
salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder (all optional, but makes it taste that much more wonderful)
1 cup cooked rice

Directions:
1. Pour the tomato soup from the can into a saucepan on medium heat. DO NOT BOIL
2. Add the water as well.
3. While it's cooking, add in the dice vegetables and seasons to taste.
4. Once it's finished, add the rice.
5. Serve.

I saw five minutes and I rushed to open this page. I am all for five and ten minute meals. I am not big on much can stuff but it sound like a meal I can try. The rice as part of a soup kinda stumped me though. I will be the first to tell you I have tried rice in every way possible but I don't know how this will sit with me but won't rule it out. In a sense it feels like a sauce for the rice which would be more appealing to me.

In making this recipe I would substitute canned tomato soup, which contains too much sugar and salt for me, with tomato paste or passata (sieved tomatoes) which contain no salt or sugar.

I would use cooked brown rice to make this. The other ingredients are good enough as they are for a healthy soup, which would be a meal in itself for me.

With the mention of vegetable soup, what comes to my mind is the Campbells's soup. My mother would buy that whenever she would visit her parents in the province. My grandparents live near the American base where my mother could buy the so called PX goods. Aside from the chocolates like Milky Way and Hershey's there would be canned goods like corned beef and Campbell's that is, my mother said, is good for children like us.

Great recipe! sounds easy enough to do. In my vegetable soup recipe I put a lot of onion, garlic, carrots and leftover vegetables or any vegetable that's about to rot in my garden. I make soups primarily to reduce waste, experiment on new recipes and I often invite other people to eat too like my neighbors just so I can build camaraderie with food too. :)

With the mention of vegetable soup, what comes to my mind is the Campbells's soup. My mother would buy that whenever she would visit her parents in the province. My grandparents live near the American base where my mother could buy the so called PX goods. Aside from the chocolates like Milky Way and Hershey's there would be canned goods like corned beef and Campbell's that is, my mother said, is good for children like us.
I just want to let you know how much I enjoy seeing your posts in the different areas of this site. I always learn something from them.

I used to love going to American px ,as you say the sweets ,we would buy grits and also gear like magnelites on German bases we would also go to the Dutch,French and Belgium px stores ,always had a good stock of foods and drink

Back
Top Bottom