50 Condiments

mjd

Veteran
Local time
4:07 PM

50 Condiments​

More at the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-condiments.html

Dress up burgers, hot dogs and more with fun and fast toppings from Food Network Magazine.

1. Five-Spice Ketchup
Mix 1 cup ketchup, the juice of 1 lime and 2 teaspoons five-spice powder. Season with salt and pepper.

2. Curry Ketchup
Cook 1/4 cup minced onion in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon butter until soft, 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon each curry powder and paprika and a pinch of cayenne; cook until toasted, 1 minute. Add 1 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup water; simmer until thick, about 25 minutes.

3. Spicy Peanut Ketchup
Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup peanut butter, the juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon harissa or other chile paste and 1/4 teaspoon each coriander, smoked paprika, cinnamon and cayenne.

4. Bloody Mary Ketchup
Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup horseradish, 2 teaspoons hot sauce, 1 teaspoon celery salt and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.

5. Sun-Dried Tomato Ketchup
Puree 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne and ground ginger and 1/4 cup water until smooth.

Very cool! There are so many times when I improvise a blend of mayo with a sauce I made or the juices of something I cooked, and then sprinkle in random seasoning. This list is great because they mostly include things people have on-hand anyway. Unlike some of these random creations of mine, these are well-thought-out (but still simple and easy to throw together on the fly).

Reactions: mjd
Have some of you possibly saved the recipes? the link no longer works. 😊

Have some of you possibly saved the recipes? the link no longer works. 😊
It looks like it's working for me, but it's a US site (I assume) and I'm in the US. It may be blocked for you.

It looks like it's working for me, but it's a US site (I assume) and I'm in the US. It may be blocked for you.

I only get into their recipes page. Not the specific one with 50 condiments. Are you getting into 50 condiments?

Hey!

Another user posted this thread:

50 Condiments​

More at the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-condiments.html

Dress up burgers, hot dogs and more with fun and fast toppings from Food Network Magazine

But the link does not work (At least not for me). I'm just being sent to the food network's recipes page and not to the specific 50 condiments page. Do you have the same problem? If not, is there anyone who will send the recipes to me? :) Or if you have them lying around yourself :)

I get it in Australia here it is.

All-Purpose Condiments​

1371597704756.jpg

1371597684487.jpg

1371597517216.jpg

1. Five-Spice Ketchup Mix 1 cup ketchup, the juice of 1 lime and 2 teaspoons five-spice powder. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Curry Ketchup Cook 1/4 cup minced onion in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon butter until soft, 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon each curry powder and paprika and a pinch of cayenne; cook until toasted, 1 minute. Add 1 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup water; simmer until thick, about 25 minutes.
  3. Spicy Peanut Ketchup Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/3 cup peanut butter, the juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon harissa or other chile paste and 1/4 teaspoon each coriander, smoked paprika, cinnamon and cayenne.
  4. Bloody Mary Ketchup Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup horseradish, 2 teaspoons hot sauce, 1 teaspoon celery salt and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
  5. Sun-Dried Tomato Ketchup Puree 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne and ground ginger and 1/4 cup water until smooth.
  6. Scallion-Bacon Ketchup Cook 4 slices diced bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels, reserving the drippings. Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup chopped scallions, the bacon and 1 tablespoon each bacon drippings and Worcestershire sauce.
  7. Roasted Garlic Mustard Wrap 8 cloves garlic in foil; roast 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and puree with 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and salt and pepper.
  8. Jerk Ketchup Mix 3/4 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning, 1 tablespoon pineapple or peach preserves and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
  9. Dill Mustard Mix 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 1/4 cup each finely chopped dill pickles and white onions, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill.
  10. Stout Mustard Mix 2 tablespoons stout beer, 1/4 cup each whole-grain and Dijon mustard, 1/2 minced small shallot and 2 teaspoons brown sugar.
  11. Apple-Fennel Mustard Mix 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 1 grated peeled apple, 1 minced shallot, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds.
  12. Peach-Thyme Mustard Mix 1/2 cup peach preserves, 1 tablespoon each whole-grain and Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme and a pinch of salt.
  13. Pico de Gallo Mix 3 chopped tomatoes, 1 diced seeded jalapeno, 1 diced red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, and salt to taste.
  14. Pineapple Salsa Make Pico de Gallo (No. 13) and add 1 cup diced pineapple, 2 extra tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice and a pinch of sugar.
  15. Roasted Tomato Salsa Broil 5 plum tomatoes and 1 sliced red onion, about 6 minutes. Pulse in a food processor with 1 chipotle in adobo plus 1 teaspoon sauce from the can, 2 tablespoons cilantro and 1 teaspoon cider vinegar.
  16. Honey Mustard Mix 1/4 cup each Dijon mustard and honey, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and salt to taste.
  17. Cucumber Salsa Make Pico de Gallo (No. 13) and add 1 cup diced seeded cucumber, the juice of 1 lime and 2 tablespoons chopped mint.
  18. Reuben Sauce Cook 1 chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped sauerkraut and 1 teaspoon caraway seeds in a saucepan with olive oil until browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons each mayonnaise and ketchup, 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese.
  19. Hoisin BBQ Sauce Cook 2 minced garlic cloves in a saucepan with olive oil, 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons each rice vinegar and dry sherry, 1 tablespoon each soy sauce and ketchup and 1/3 cup water. Simmer until thick, stirring 20 minutes. Let cool, then add 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 chopped scallion.
  20. Root Beer BBQ Sauce Combine a 12-ounce can of root beer, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup each lemon juice and orange juice, 2 tablespoons each barbecue sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon molasses and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger in a saucepan. Simmer until thick, stirring 45 minutes.
  21. Cajun BBQ Sauce Combine 1 cup barbecue sauce, 1/4 cup bourbon and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning in a saucepan. Simmer until slightly thick, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
  22. Spicy Beer BBQ Sauce Combine a 12-ounce bottle of beer, 1 cup barbecue sauce, 1 seeded habanero chile, 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos, 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder and 1 clove garlic in a saucepan. Simmer until thick, stirring, 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and chile.
  23. Herb-Ginger Chutney Puree 1/2 cup each fresh basil, mint and cilantro, 1 tablespoon chopped peeled ginger, 1 seeded jalapeno, 2 tablespoons each chopped onion, lime juice and water, 1 teaspoon each ground coriander, sugar and salt, and 1/4 cup vegetable oil until smooth.
  24. Summer Fruit Relish Mix 1 cup each diced nectarines and papaya, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1 1/2 tablespoons each lime juice and chopped cilantro and 1 teaspoon minced serrano chile. Season with salt.
  25. Tangy Steak Sauce Mix 2 teaspoons lemon zest, 1/4 cup molasses and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne with 1 cup steak sauce.
  26. Red Onion Marmalade Cook 2 thinly sliced large red onions in a skillet with 1/4 cup olive oil over low heat, covered, until golden, 30 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger; season with salt. Cook until thick, about 20 more minutes.
  27. Muffuletta Relish Pulse 1/2 cup each pimiento-stuffed olives and pitted Kalamata olives in a food processor with 1/2 cup pickled vegetables (giardiniera), 2 tablespoons each capers, minced onion and olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of dried oregano.
  28. Corn-Tomato Relish Mix 2 chopped green tomatoes, 1/2 cup each cooked corn, chopped onion and seeded chopped cucumber, and 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley, yellow mustard and cider vinegar.
  29. Olive Relish Cook 2 chopped onions in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt over low heat, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until golden, 30 more minutes. Add 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives and 1/4 cup white wine; cook 10 more minutes.
  30. Bacon-Onion Relish Cook 3 slices diced bacon until crisp; remove and reserve. Add 2 sliced onions to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until golden, 30 more minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and the bacon.
  31. Bacon-Swiss Relish Make Bacon-Onion Relish (No. 30). Stir in 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and grated Swiss cheese.
  32. Old Bay Mayo Mix 3/4 cup mayonnaise, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, 1 minced scallion and a few drops of hot sauce.
  33. Buffalo Relish Mix 1 cup each crumbled blue cheese and diced celery, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 2 tablespoons each chopped celery leaves and mayonnaise, and 2 teaspoons hot sauce.
  34. Peppercorn-Shallot Mayo Mix 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 chopped shallot, 1 tablespoon each cracked mixed peppercorns and chopped tarragon, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and salt to taste.
  35. Walnut-Pepper Mayo Mix 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts, 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
  36. Ancho Mayo Toast 2 seeded dried ancho chiles in a skillet, 1 minute; soak in 1/2 cup hot water until soft, 20 minutes. Puree the chiles and liquid with 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, the juice of 1 orange, 1 tablespoon honey and 3 tablespoons mayonnaise until smooth.
  37. Olive-Anchovy Mayo Mix 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives, 4 chopped anchovies, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
  38. Ginger-Miso Mayo Mix 2 tablespoons white miso, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger and 2 teaspoons honey.
  39. Thai Curry Mayo Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon ketchup, 2 teaspoons red curry paste, 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce and the juice of 1 lime. Season with salt.
  40. Avocado-Chile Spread Puree 1 avocado, 1/2 cup sour cream or crema, 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles, the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 clove garlic until smooth. Season with salt.
  41. Chile-Cheese Mayo Mix 1/4 cup each mayonnaise, grated cheddar, canned chopped green chiles and chopped scallions.
  42. Sriracha Mayo Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup each Sriracha and sweet pickle relish.
  43. Jalapeno Tartar Sauce Mix 1 cup each mayonnaise and chopped pickled jalapenos, 1 chopped scallion, 1 tablespoon each lime juice and chopped cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
  44. Pickle Sauce Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons each chopped dill and minced onion, 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles or relish, 1 tablespoon ketchup and 1 teaspoon each cider vinegar and sugar.
  45. Wasabi Ranch Sauce Mix 3/4 cup ranch dressing, 1/2 cup grated cucumber, the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 tablespoon wasabi paste. Season with salt.
  46. Spicy Duck Sauce Mix 1/2 cup duck sauce, 3 tablespoons horseradish, 1 tablespoon apricot preserves, 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, and salt to taste.
  47. Kimchi Salsa Mix 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, 3/4 cup chopped kimchi, 1/3 cup chopped cilantro and the juice of 1 lemon. Season with salt.
  48. Saffron-Pepper Sauce Cook a pinch each of saffron and red pepper flakes in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup piquillo peppers and cook 3 minutes. Puree with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season with salt.
  49. Carrot-Chile Slaw Mix 1/2 pound grated carrots, 1/4 cup each sweet Thai chile sauce, lime juice and chopped cilantro, 2 teaspoons fish sauce and 2 chopped scallions.
  50. Chipotle Sauce Puree 2 chipotles in adobo sauce with 1/2 cup sour cream or crema and 1/2 clove garlic. Season with salt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom