A Movie For a Drink

I'm not sure how The Lighthouse is linked to AA, a cult started by a guy named Bill W, who told everyone how to beat addiction, and then died of emphysema from his cigarette addiction. No "higher power" is going to magically "fix you."

CD

Last edited:
I just thought that was a weird thing to post, especially since he doesn't seem to have a personal connection.

And yeah, just my personal belief, but I'm not signing up for anything that tells me to just trust in a higher Power (their capitalization, not mine).

If that's what it takes for some folks, fine, more power to them, but that's not me at all. :headshake:

I just thought that was a weird thing to post, especially since he doesn't seem to have a personal connection.

And yeah, just my personal belief, but I'm not signing up for anything that tells me to just trust in a higher Power (their capitalization, not mine).

If that's what it takes for some folks, fine, more power to them, but that's not me at all. :headshake:

I don't get your meaning at all. It's a movie that has a statement in its theme. It's a rather interesting movie, but shocking to say the least. I can't figure who he is or what the personal connection might be, nor what the higher Power alludes to.

It's a reference to the 12 step program from AA.

I know nothing about AA, except that it exists for people to attend, for whatever reason connected to alcoholism. And perhaps, I should change the title of the thread.

The movie "Lighthouse" is a psychological thriller that gets extreme as the two characters, alone on a remote lighthouse island, indulge in heavy drinking of alcoholic spirits, to the point that when they drink it all, they concoct their own brew from available chemical solvents to continue their binges. You have to watch the movie to appreciate the suspense and make your own conclusions.

I changed the title and the first post to eliminate references to AA.

Back
Top Bottom