A "Welsh" Breakfast

Just spotted this. So you have tried the eggs I mentioned in the Lentil and Sweetcorn Fritters...
Not yet. My broken ribs have left me off food. I'm only coming this week to try to force me to eat properly again. I'm still not interested in it and we had already made up our shopping list and done the weekly shop when you posted it, plus it's still rather cold here... Dropping below 0C tonight apparently...

I've located the original........

toastcheesebeans-bleed_zpsblntia7o.jpg

:ohmy:. :hungry:

Not yet. My broken ribs have left me off food. I'm only coming this week to try to force me to eat properly again. I'm still not interested in it and we had already made up our shopping list and done the weekly shop when you posted it, plus it's still rather cold here... Dropping below 0C tonight apparently...
No...I meant that you had previously (when in the UK) tried Black Farmer eggs (which I used in the recipe). I hadn't realised that you knew about these wonderful eggs already, that's all.:D I don't know why but the only place that sell them is Ocado (on-line only) and I find myself shopping there every week just to get the eggs!

No, I don't shop at Ocado and they don't seem to be available anywhere else!
No they aren't. I like Ocado 'cos I can get things unavailable elsewhere (fresh tamarind pods for example) and quite a lot of other interesting things. Until I discovered the eggs, I used to only shop there occasionally. Now, I'm addicted to the eggs and do the minimum £40 shop in order to get them regularly! If I could safely send you an egg through the post I would, so you could try them!

No...I meant that you had previously (when in the UK) tried Black Farmer eggs (which I used in the recipe). I hadn't realised that you knew about these wonderful eggs already, that's all.:D I don't know why but the only place that sell them is Ocado (on-line only) and I find myself shopping there every week just to get the eggs!
Nope. I only ever word instore. I'm not a fan of other people picking my veg for me. And that goes for husband's as well. Training him to look at the veg he picks had taken +20 years. It's still ongoing.

Before we went off on our rtw cycle tour we used to get the British Blacktail eggs. On our return we became less fussy for a number of reasons and used to just get whatever was the cheapest per egg on the day. But often we didn't need to get eggs because we had a very good supply of duck eggs from our landlady.

A good few years ago we had a project which required us to be based on the beach near Tavoy in Myanmar. Total were running the accommodation and messing facilities and initially, as stipulated by the Burmese government, were required to purchase local produce whenever available. This included eggs which, when the project started, were selling at 5 cents each. After a few weeks, the price had risen to such an extent that the locals could not afford to buy eggs ($1.00 each). The requirement was subsequently waived and from then on the majority of supplies (including eggs) were flown in.

Back
Top Bottom