Aberdeen Angus - the king of beef!

Local time
2:22 PM
Website
www.helium.com
For the last two Christmases, the centrepiece of our Christmas dinner has been an Aberdeen Angus roasting joint. It's more expensive than other cuts of beef, but the flavour is wonderful - you only need a little salt and pepper for seasoning, and I usually rub the fat with a mixture of a teaspoon of dry mustard and a teaspoon of cornflour.

The great thing about Aberdeen Angus is that it keeps its flavour even when cold, and it's so tender that you don't even need a steak knife to cut it.

Have you ever tried Aberdeen Angus? And do you have a favourite cut of roasting beef?

My Grandfather raised Black Angus bloodline cattle. These were sold as breeding stock and my family actually bought young steers from dairy farms to raise for their own beef to avoid confusing very expensive cattle with the stuff they were going to butcher, but they would occasionally have an Angus that was not salable for blood stock and would raise it to butcher. I try to buy Angus myself to eat. I usually eat hamburgers or steaks. I like New York strip steaks or t-bones.

Back
Top Bottom