Recipe Addictive parsnip Fries with Truffle Oil

Local time
6:26 PM
So it's time I got off the ground with my first parsnip recipe. While I don't have any parsnips as yet, it sounds like something which is too easy to mess up.

c87f9e3b2556e67d6b4e1ef682fcf700.jpg

Ingredients
  1. 4 medium parsnips, peeled
  2. 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  3. Salt and freshly ground pepper
  4. 2 tsp truffle oil
  5. 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the peeled parsnips into thin fries. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
  2. Turn the fries over and place back in the oven. Turn up the heat to 450 degrees F. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until crispy, watching closely to make sure that the fries do not burn.
  3. Place the fries in a large bowl and toss with the parsley and truffle oil. Serve warm, topped with additional sea salt if desired.
Notes
  1. Servings: 2-3
  2. Difficulty: Easy
By Rebecca Bohl (PaleoGrubs.com)

These look quite good. I have never thought of using parnips to make fries but it makes sense.
I will have to give them a try. I like easy!

So it's time I got off the ground with my first parsnip recipe. While I don't have any parsnips as yet, it sounds like something which is too easy to mess up.

c87f9e3b2556e67d6b4e1ef682fcf700.jpg

Ingredients
  1. 4 medium parsnips, peeled
  2. 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  3. Salt and freshly ground pepper
  4. 2 tsp truffle oil
  5. 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the peeled parsnips into thin fries. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
  2. Turn the fries over and place back in the oven. Turn up the heat to 450 degrees F. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until crispy, watching closely to make sure that the fries do not burn.
  3. Place the fries in a large bowl and toss with the parsley and truffle oil. Serve warm, topped with additional sea salt if desired.
Notes
  1. Servings: 2-3
  2. Difficulty: Easy
By Rebecca Bohl (PaleoGrubs.com)
These are what we might call roast parsnips in the UK. I like the truffle oil.

Reactions: L_B
Easy is my second name.

Are those yours in the picture? The fact that you get to make all these things I find quite amazing retired or not.
Of course they are! I've a lot of time on my hands and I'm obsessive about cooking. They are very easy to make. I made them at my friend's house which was where I took the photo. Sadly you can't try them as you have no parsnips in Barbados. :(

Of course they are! I've a lot of time on my hands and I'm obsessive about cooking. They are very easy to make. I made them at my friend's house which was where I took the photo. Sadly you can't try them as you have no parsnips in Barbados. :(
Not so fast. I feel they have to be around here somewhere. I just have to find them. I can see them literally staring at me in Walmart on my trip to Miami recently. I feel they were speaking to me and telling me to take a few back to Bim.

Not so fast. I feel they have to be around here somewhere. I just have to find them. I can see them literally staring at me in Walmart on my trip to Miami recently. I feel they were speaking to me and telling me to take a few back to Bim.
I like the idea of parsnips speaking to you. I'm imagining a a sort of earthy growl...'Come and get me, I'm really quite sweet':happy:

I like the idea of parsnips speaking to you. I'm imagining a a sort of earthy growl...'Come and get me, I'm really quite sweet':happy:
I should have listened. I am kind of excited about finding them here though. I like the idea of a earthy sweet growl.:D

Back
Top Bottom