Advice from the bakers please

TheChefGoingHomeToday

Local time
8:41 AM
I'm making a concerted effort to learn baking, it's an area I've always stayed away from. Today I made the first tentative step my baking a Victoria sponge (see separate thread). Having made something that my wife actually enjoyed, I'm now thinking about what to do next. Can anyone suggest what I'm best to make next as a complete beginner? What cakes or bakes are best to learn with?

TheChefGoingHomeToday I was inspired by your thread, thus I’ve made this Ciambellone, i.e. Ring-Shaped Cake that it very used here in Italy mostly for breakfast. Is very simple to make and this is my fave version, half-vanilla and half-cocoa flavored.

TheChefGoingHomeToday I was inspired by your thread, thus I’ve made this Ciambellone, i.e. Ring-Shaped Cake that it very used here in Italy mostly for breakfast. Is very simple to make and this is my fave version, half-vanilla and half-cocoa flavored.
Oh wow, thanks for posting this :thankyou:. We had something like this on our last trip to Italy. Getting a long list of things to try now!

Back
Top Bottom