Afternoon Tea, Anyone?

karadekoolaid

Veteran
Local time
12:01 PM
When we bought that afternoon tea stand pictured at the top of this thread, I was disappointed that there were no matching cups/mugs, and salad plates on offer.

When we got home, I figured I’d just go online and certainly find some at their website…nope!
You were looking in the wrong country.
William Morris crockery

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
5:01 PM
Here are some more quirky afternoon teas in London (including some of Tasty´s entries):
Weird afternoon tea
The Gent´s versions are interesting, but I don´t see a single one which uses Patum Peperium - Gentleman´s Relish
That tea by Heston is my ultimate life dream to experience. Unfortunately, it's very unlikely I can ever go there with my conditions. But who knows.

And that Indian tea sounds like something cool to try at home!

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:01 AM
Kiwi version growing up.
Late 60s . Me 10 and doing nothing on a Sunday. Mum all weekend prepping for afternoon tea on Sunday when her parents came to visit. Baking tiny cakes and decorating cutting middle bit and filling with cream. Butterfly cakes. Pikelets cream and jam. Club Sammy's arranged on a plate like tastys. We got leftovers if there were any. I've never had afternoon tea since. I think I got my attention to detail from my mum.

Russ

Top Bottom