Air fryer cooking

I scooped up 3 of these discounted Aussie Wagyu striploins and pulled one out of the freezer to airfry today:

IMG_5365.jpg

Seasoned with some S&P then 9 minutes @ 200C, turn after 7 mins:

IMG_5361.jpg

Served with some black peppercorn sauce I had leftover in the freezer; I ate it right off the cutting board :D

IMG_5362.jpg

This morning's experimentation with the gigantic black beast produced two failures. I prepped the hash browns and formed them on the cutting board. I normally form them in the skillet. Then I couldn't figure out how to get it into the basket so I gave up and cooked it in a skillet as I normally do. The second one wasn't so much a failure as a slight disappointment.
View attachment 109812
Fruit makes a great breakfast dessert. The image shows platanos maduros (fried ripe plantain) cooked in the black beast. I used 360 degrees F for 10 minutes at medium wattage. It was a guess. I wasn't happy with the look of them and I prefer the taste when I saute them in a skillet. So I slathered them with strawberry syrup to nail down their role as a dessert. I enjoyed them so it wasn't really a failure. Perhaps someone can guide me toward better settings. You all cook plantains in your air fryers, don't you? :)
I love plantains but I don't cook them in the air fryer, No.

Back
Top Bottom