For the herb butter - prepare at least 2 hours ahead:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Half one shallot, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- one pinch table salt and pepper
For the chicken - prepare at least 1 hour ahead:
- 2 chicken breasts, halved and pounded thinly
- 2 eggs, beaten
- toasted breadcrumbs
For the herb butter: Mix all ingredients, roll into a cilinder, wrap in either plastic or aluminum foil, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
For the chicken:
1. Cut herb butter in half and place each half inside each cutlet. Roll the chicken around the butter taking care to close the edges of the chicken very well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. When ready to cook, dredge chicken in flour, shake off excess, dredge in egg, then in the toasted breadcrumbs.
3. Cook chicken in airfryer at 200ºC for around 15 minutes, until internal temperature registers 74ºC.
- Both the butter and the chicken can be prepared the day before, and refrigerated until it's time to cook.
- I make my toasted breadcrumbs by putting croutons in a blender until it's the texture/consistency of sand.