All-Clad Surprise

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:18 PM
I sent my 12" All-Clad SS skillet in on 19 October for an assessment for repair due to a bubble that had developed in the side.

The truth is, I was more interested in seeing what they'd say about it, fully expecting that they'd say it was due to misuse. I've heard that All-Clad is very tough with warranty repairs, and if there's the smallest chance the owner is at fault, they won't cover it.

Shipping was free either way, so nothing ventured, right?

Well...guess what UPS just dropped off at my door? A brand-spanking new skillet! 🤩

Pretty nifty, huh?

Yeah, not surprising. I've been using all clad for yrs and love the product.

I found a Monte Blanc pen on the street that was surely run over and smashed. Monte Blanc rebuild the pen at no charge, I thought that was just about the most amazing service I'd ever seen until I sent a Patagonia jacket back to them and they completely rebuilt the jacket with new zipper all new Velcro and replaced the lining, for free. My faith is restored with companies that are based on quality and customer service. Now I know all clad is another one.

I sent a Patagonia jacket back to them and they completely rebuilt the jacket with new zipper all new Velcro and replaced the lining, for free
LL Bean used to be like that. Used to be.

I've sent back boots to be repaired and gotten new boots in return, no cost and no questions. Same with shirts and jeans.

Then, one year, I bought a raincoat, found it didn't like it, and sent it back, and they actually called me to give me a little grief for returning it, and it's gone downhill from there.

I used to look like an LL Bean poster boy, but I order very little from them these days.

I never registered my all clad set that I purchased last Christmas, I just figured I'd never have need to do a warranty claim. I am VERY surprised that you had a defect in your stainless steel pan, I didn't think much could go wrong with those!

I never registered my all clad set that I purchased last Christmas, I just figured I'd never have need to do a warranty claim. I am VERY surprised that you had a defect in your stainless steel pan, I didn't think much could go wrong with those!
Here's the issue:

I wasn't terribly worried about it, since it's on the side. I was mainly curious to see what All-Clad would say about it.

Reading online, that's a layer separation (it's a DS3, so 3-ply skillet), and most likely caused by overheating. Being SS, I didn't think a home oven could get hot enough to overheat it, so who knows?

Either way, they replaced it, so I'm happy. If they'd sent it back and said I was at fault, I would have just kept using it.

LL Bean used to be like that. Used to be.

I've sent back boots to be repaired and gotten new boots in return, no cost and no questions. Same with shirts and jeans.

Then, one year, I bought a raincoat, found it didn't like it, and sent it back, and they actually called me to give me a little grief for returning it, and it's gone downhill from there.

I used to look like an LL Bean poster boy, but I order very little from them these days.
The thing is TR it was a friend that said to do it and I said yeah, but the jacket is over 25 yrs old and he said, so, give it a try. Crazy really when you think of it, but nevertheless they rebuilt it and payed the shipping.

Back
Top Bottom