Alligator Meat Recipes?

whitakermk

Veteran
Local time
8:31 AM
I had a chance to sample some Alligator meat while doing some research in Florida. Some say it tastes like Chicken... I thought it tasted like.... alligator! I was wondering if anyone had some down south recipes for alligator meat?

Have you tried alligator flavored ice cream? I do not have thte recipe but I have tried it in Davao's crocodile farm. By the way it is a city in the Philippines. They have cultured crocodiles and from meat they have made this unique ice cream. It tastes like ice cream but a little bit meaty. If you have plans to go in the Philippines go to Davao and tried this ice cream.

im in the uk so when i got some alligator it was a funky food,we got some from a London exotic food importer about 15 years ago,we marinaded it with lime and chilli and chargrilled it with bulgar wheat ,and also did a tikka style marinade,with rice pilaff,and courgette salad
Im not going to say what it tasted like any thing else, as i always say it tastes like alligator!!

Have you tried alligator flavored ice cream? I do not have thte recipe but I have tried it in Davao's crocodile farm. By the way it is a city in the Philippines. They have cultured crocodiles and from meat they have made this unique ice cream. It tastes like ice cream but a little bit meaty. If you have plans to go in the Philippines go to Davao and tried this ice cream.
I struggle to get people to try ice creams such as candied pumpkin ,I am not sure the uk is ready for that yet

Back
Top Bottom