The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
7:34 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
66062929-0b83-423c-8737-bea21ff44dc4-jpeg.jpg

This is a pretty simple recipe that's very adaptable to what you might want to add. I used maple syrup, but honey can also be used as a sweetener. I used almond butter, but any nut butter works.

One thing I did here that I don't see in many recipes like this was that I toasted the oats and nuts before assembly. You can certainly skip that step if you want, but you would be missing out on the awesomeness that toasting brings.

Ingredients

1 cup almonds
1 1/3 cups oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins

Directions

1. Pulse oats in a food processor a few times to break them up somewhat. Chop almonds; use an apple slicer if you have one.

dd441383-98ea-4266-b2e4-bc733ed2408c-jpeg.jpg

2. Toast the oats in a pan on medium heat, pushing them around as needed to prevent burning. Continue doing this until the oats are browned somewhat and a nice nutty flavor wafts from the pan. Remove the oats and repeat with the chopped almonds.

3. Blend the oats, almonds, raisins, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

4. Heat almond butter, syrup, and vanilla extract in a pan on medium-low heat. Stir together until thoroughly blended.

5. Pour the contents of the pan into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix together until thoroughly blended and there are no dry spots.

6. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the contents of the bowl onto the parchment paper and distribute evenly. Place pan in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight. Cut into squares or rectangles as desired. These are perfectly safe at room temperature, but keep refrigerated to keep from getting sticky.

Back
Top Bottom