The Alphabet Game: Dishes using Za'atar

Thanks, what? The Truffle Oil or the post? lol

I have a good sounding recipe for "Creamy Truffle-Scented White Bean Soup" if anyone is rich enough to have Truffle Oil. lol

Don't understand...

I always have truffle oil in the store cupboard. Its not very expensive here although the best ones can be. This white truffle oil is the one I have - costs £2.55 ($3)

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 16.21.36.png

I thought all Truffle Oil was expensive, so on rereading the recipe, I didn' t think it was good enough to use the oil.

I thought all Truffle Oil was expensive, so on rereading the recipe, I didn' t think it was good enough to use the oil.

Some of the oils are - there is one from the same supermarket which sells the one I pictured above which sells for £22 ($27) for 100ml!

Ok this has pushed me and is really pushing the boundaries of the definition of "oil" and how it's being used here. However, there really does not appear to be anything out there. Even trying for Chinese or scientific names has failed.

But, this oil does exist in nature in the Brazilian pepper and is being scientifically studied... but the downside is that it is an essential oil, not any other variation...

xylopia aromatica (lam.) mart. leaf oil

"Xylopia aromatica
(Lam.) Mart. (CEXA) showed positive effects in the lower dose on oral glucose tolerance, hepatic steatosis and liver inflammation. The higher dose of CEXA also showed improvement on insulin sensitivity and release of anti-inflammatory cytokines IL-13 and IL-4 on adipose tissue and liver"

Back
Top Bottom