Alt-right news website declares war on Kellogg's

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:00 AM
Who said food wasn't political? Alt-right news website Breitbart, declared war on Kellogg's after the cereal brand pulled advertising from site. Kellogg Company removed adverts from the site, saying that it wasn’t “aligned with our values”. Breitbart has been in the spotlight since it emerged that its controversial executive chairman Steve Bannon would become chief strategist and senior counsellor to Trump in the White House.

Breitbart has responded to Kellogg’s with a furious statement: ‘For an American brand to blacklist Breitbart News is a disgraceful act.’ Recent inflammatory stories published on Breitbart include Control Makes Women Unattractive And Crazy”; “Data: Young Muslims In The West Are A Ticking Time-Bomb” and “Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism Or Cancer?”.

Editor-in-chief Alexander Marlow called for a boycott of the company’s products, saying: “For Kellogg’s, an American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/nov/30/breitbart-news-kelloggs-advertising-boycott-alt-right
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...boycott-alt-right_uk_583fdf1de4b061fb97e4940c

And Kellogg's says that it was because that site made racist comments.

True! I rather support Kellogg on this one. Doubt I would support them on much else... although I do eat the cornflakes sometimes. And Special K. :D
I generally don't eat Kellogg because their counterparts cereals are just as good at half the price.

Who said food wasn't political? Alt-right news website Breitbart, declared war on Kellogg's after the cereal brand pulled advertising from site. Kellogg Company removed adverts from the site, saying that it wasn’t “aligned with our values”. Breitbart has been in the spotlight since it emerged that its controversial executive chairman Steve Bannon would become chief strategist and senior counsellor to Trump in the White House.

Breitbart has responded to Kellogg’s with a furious statement: ‘For an American brand to blacklist Breitbart News is a disgraceful act.’ Recent inflammatory stories published on Breitbart include Birth control Makes Women Unattractive And Crazy”; “Data: Young Muslims In The West Are A Ticking Time-Bomb” and “Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism Or Cancer?”.

Editor-in-chief Alexander Marlow called for a boycott of the company’s products, saying: “For Kellogg’s, an American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/nov/30/breitbart-news-kelloggs-advertising-boycott-alt-right
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...boycott-alt-right_uk_583fdf1de4b061fb97e4940c
And they have links to the EDL, BNP & National Front the UK.
Disturbing "story" for a food site.

Last edited:
Little sympathy with either side. What were Kellogs thinking of, advertising on such a site to begin with? Profit over principle from the outset, the water just got a bit too hot for them so they bailed. I no longer eat their products anyway - even some of their supposedly healthy breakfast cereals are stuffed full of sugar.

Little sympathy with either side. What were Kellogs thinking of, advertising on such a site to begin with? Profit over principle from the outset, the water just got a bit too hot for them so they bailed. I no longer eat their products anyway - even some of their supposedly healthy breakfast cereals are stuffed full of sugar.
On reflection I must admit it does seem hypocritical - as you say, why on earth were they advertising there in the first place?

Biscuit name from the 1800's is "disturbing", yet the daily use of the name of a dog that was the unofficial mascot of an RAF squadron isn't.

On reflection I must admit it does seem hypocritical - as you say, why on earth were they advertising there in the first place?
They may not have realized it since sites buy ads from 3rd party sites.
Oh you know that smoker I posted here last week, it has shown up on several sites that use Google ads.

Back
Top Bottom