And the winner is...

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:24 AM
Not so many entries as usual but nevertheless a difficult decision to decide the best lentil recipe submitted for The CookingBites Recipe Challenge.

In the end I decided to award the title to one of our newest members @zoribrida , who submitted her recipe for Red Lentils. I chose this because it is a foolproof recipe which I think should be a basic in every cook's repertoire. It can be jazzed up in lots and lots of ways by adding more spices, vegetables or meat (ham or sausage is good) so its very versatile. Its also a very economical dish - and red lentils are probably the most available of all lentils across the world (mainly grown in Canada, I learned).

I have to confess I didn't try out @cupcakechef's submission, Lentil Blondies, but I feel it deserves a special mention. Who would have thought of creating Blondies from lentils? I did test run @winterybella's Creamy French Lentils with Mushroom and Kale, which is a good recipe although I had to adapt it slightly. To see detailed comments go to Creamy French Lentils with Mushrooms and Kale (revisited). Its well worth making.

Another special mention for @Caribbean girl who submitted Cashew and lentil patties. Lentil patties are something everyone ought to be able to cook and the variations are endless. I'm not keen on cashews though (that's just me!).

Many congratulations @zoribrida! :bravo::woot:. Its over to you to choose a new ingredient and set a deadline for the next round!

We have a winner's thread? Great! What ever happened to @Caribbean girl 's thread saying Congratulations go to xyz. I had like the idea but I guess this one does the same thing?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFpnysBIjZP5-hy7Wvzyid1SlWlF1K9QSZmLH-BMknjhk5qhkH.jpg
@zoribrida.

Back
Top Bottom